ilovemygirls

Monday, July 17, 2006

Why would anyone be interested?

I would wonder why anyone would be interested in what I have to say - but after thinking about it a little bit - I have plenty to say and some of it can be interesting. Especially the Ebay selling and the things that happen there (in ebay land), so perhaps I can enjoy this..........Now I have to decide which story to start with.....
I think I will start with one of the people who tried cheating me - and maybe you could learn something from my experience.
I bought a Bottega handbag for $610 - it would have been a good deal - but who am I kidding - would you really believe that you could buy a $5000 bag for $610? Well, it looked real! Of course it wasn't - it was good though - beautiful leather. I emailed the seller to tell her that it was fake and that I wanted my money back. No response! I gave her a little time and then reported it to both ebay and paypal. No problem PayPal says - I am protected by their CUSTOMER PROTECTION! They tell me to return the bag and once I have proof that it has been received they will credit my account. Great! I returned the bag via UPS - got my proof and called PAYPAL. Absolutely - my credit will be posted immediately. Isn't this great? And yes - they did credit my account at once - $175! OK - I understand, that is all the protection they give! What to do, what to do? I really hated being cheated like that. I work very hard on ebay and take it very seriously. I never want anyone to be unhappy with something that they buy from me - this is supposed to be FUN!
The next morning I did a reverse address search on YAHOO. Found her building and emailed her to let her know that I would call everyone in her building (I had all of the names and apartment numbers) and let them know she is a thief! Had my money at the end of the day! A little ingenuity goes a long way.
B

8 Comments:

Blogger Mattyd said...

You are my hero.
Way to go!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

A couple questions though:

First, it sounds like you actually profited from this venture. You got your money back from the thief, plus $175 from Paypal.

Correct? If so, I'm even more impressed! Way to work the system!

Second, why does anyone need, want, or desire a handbag that costs enough to feed a family in Africa for more than 6 months?

Literally. That's enough to feed a starving family for more than half a year!

$610 is bad enough, but $5,000! On a hand bag? That's frightfully offensive. The designer and manufacturer should be shot.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

Mommy! I'm so impressed! I can't wait to read your posts.
Can you change your preferences to allow anonymous posts? I can't post under my name until you do...I don't have (or want, really) a blogger id. Love you!!
XOXOXO
Elysha

8:36 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

PayPal has buyer protection - that gave me the $175 back. When the seller refunded the $610 - PayPal takes the $175 and gives me the balance. I was happy to get my money back.
I won't try to defend $610 for a handbag - I guess there are a lot of things that just don't seem right - I agree that the world is in a terrible state and perhaps it would be better to give the $610 to feed some hungry families - I guess I just don't think about things like that. I would guess that I will be learning a lot from you.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

But were you buying the bag for yourself or were you buying it to re-sell for a profit? I have no problem with good old fashioned capitalism!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog! That story is great! I can't wait to read more! :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

I've been thinking about it - AND the fact is - if a person does spend $5000 on a handbag - it's OK - it's their money and they can do what they want with it - the hope is that hopefully they are also giving money to causes that could use it. Remember - we have to hope that people with a ton of money are not just buying things for themselves - they could also be doing good things with it. Remember - they have so much that's there's enough for everything! B

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hi.

Todd from hotdogcollars.com

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home