ilovemygirls

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm Still Complaining!

Although I really love ebay - I still have some complaints! I agree that the feedback system is very important. I have earned a very good feedback rating because I am honest, I love ebay, I sell great things and I love people. BUT......! Why was someone allowed to leave me a negative feedback when they tried to CHEAT ME?
I sometimes wander around ebay looking for great buys. I will buy handbags that I know are a) real and b) a great buy. I will then take the handbag and have any repairs made and then put the bag on ebay to sell. There are definitely great deals to be had. So I found this fabulous CHANEL - I managed to win it for $355. I knew that it was real (I know my handbags) and knew that it was a great deal! Obviously it was too good a deal and the seller just never sent it! I should have known better. He didn't have enough feedback and I know there were some other things that should have told me that this person was not a good one! I waited patiently for my bag to come. After a week (I send things out the minute that they are paid for) I emailed the seller and asked where my bag was. No response - uh oh! So I filed a complaint with PayPal. I was really lucky - my money was refunded immediately. I then proceeded to leave this guy negative feedback. Afterall, I believed in the system and he had no intentions of sending me the bag or giving me back my money. Doesn't this deserve a negative feedback? That same evening I checked my ebay account and discovered that I had - yes - you guessed it - A NEGATIVE feedback! My perfect record RUINED! I was heartsick (I do take this very seriously). I couldn't believe it - there it was! His feedback said that he told me the bag was no longer available and offered to refund my money! Liar Liar Pants on Fire! At least I got a chance to respond - to say that this was not true, etc. etc.
At this point I furiously emailed EBAY to discuss the injustice of his feedback. No - they would not do anything - didn't matter that he cheated me! A few days later I received a message from someone else who bought something from him! She did not receive it either - PAYPAL gave her back her $175 (you know, that Buyer Protection) and never got the rest of her money. Unless the seller refunds it - you are indeed out of luck. She told me that she was not going to give him a negative because she saw what he did to me!
So - yes, the feedback system is very good when dealing with an honest seller like me - but if a cheat is able to leave negative feedback when he is the cheater! Well, then it does not work.
OK - I've whined enough!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mattyd said...

Hi Mom,
Another great post. You are indeed a great writer! Cindy wanted us to pass along her kudos, as well. She read your blog earlier today. Please try to get it fixed so non-blogger members can post. Cindy wanted to comment but couldn't for that reason. You'll want your friends to comment, too, and they're not going to be able to, so try to take care of that.
Loving you!
Elysha

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should all set up dummy ebay accounts and send negative feeback to these people. When they go to respond, our ebay acounts will mean nothing and thus not be affected.

I hate when things like this are done. Nothing like taking an amazing site like ebay and trying to screw someone out of their item or money. People like this should be kicked off the site. I'm so glad you go after these people. They deserve to be outed for the snake oil salesman that they are.

9:31 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

I guess it's this way with everything - no matter how good something is - there is always someone who tries to ruin it. Luckily there are really a lot of good people involved with ebay and in the end we are all lucky to be able to take advantage. Must get very savvy to avoid the crooks!

6:23 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Hi sweetie
Reading blogs on your honeymoon! Where did I go wrong? Uh oh - another bad joke!
I did figure out how to change the comments and now anyone should be able to comment. Hope I did it right.
LOVE YOU

6:24 AM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

I have actually set up a dummy Ebay account for Martin, the character in my novel. He uses Ebay to move items (chapter 4 or 5 I think) and I registered his Ebay name in the event that the book is a best seller!

10:15 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

That's a good idea - remember, if you ever need any ebay info for the book - here I am! at your service........Love you

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

You actually stopped reading my novel right before the chapter in which Barbra Teal appears! I've actually stolen one of your Ebay listings for the novel, almost word for word!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that really does stink! I have purchased a few items on ebay and love getting the positive feedback - so I completely understand how crushing that comment can be - it isn't fair that he even be allowed to comment. How could the bag be out of stock if it's on ebay? That's a trigger to anyone else to think twice before doing business with that creep! Hopefully others will report him as well so that he can no longer be able to cheat others of their solid reputations and their $$.

7:23 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Oh Matty - don't you see how busy I am! I was enjoying your novel - read a lot more than the first chapter! There aren't enough hours in the day for me! And now that you've got me involved with BLOGGING - oh boy! I go to work, I sell on ebay, take care of the dogs, take care of Gerry, sell on ebay, BLOG! and then it's time to go to sleep! Now I have to get back to your novel - I want to see my words in your story!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the "liar, liar, pants on fire" line. i thought i was the only person over the age of 7 that used it! you rock, elysha's mom!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penny said:

I encountered a deadbeat seller when I first began buying on ebay. I waited, patiently and then furiously, for SIX weeks for this cretin to mail a Limoges box which I had purchased and immediately paid for (obsessive-compulsive). Messages sent to him either went unanswered or saints preserve us! returned using deplorable grammar and spelling ==> cretin! ==> an F minus for YOU! numbskull (sorry, I'm a high school English teacher). The situation was finally resolved through Paypal. I documented through Paypal's resolution process that I (a) wanted a full refund; and (b) did not want him to leave retaliatory feedback since I was the victim of this ordeal.

Ebay's feedback system is tricky. If you want to preserve YOUR 100% positive, you hesitate leaving less-than-positive feedback for someone who really deserves it. I could not, however, leave this . . . cretin . . . positive feedback. So I left one of those little grey doughnuts -- neutral. HE then responds with something sniveling to the effect that: "The item was no longer available." What a big liar HE was! What a weasel! Thank you for letting me vent! yours on ebay, Penny

8:04 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

That's pretty much my biggest complaint with ebay - I have emailed them, live chatted them, etc. etc. but they can't do anything about this. My really huge complaint are the sellers that put this in their auctions - "we will mirror your feedback" - to me that is real blackmail. If you leave them negative feedback they will just do the same to you! So ebay is great - no question about it - but there are some problems! I guess it's not perfect in paradise! B

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home