ilovemygirls

Monday, July 24, 2006

Too Many Shoes! Not Enough Feet!

The things that people give me are amazing! Even more amazing is the fact that all of these enormously expensive shoes are sitting on shelves never even being worn. Here are some shoes/boots that someone gave me to sell on ebay - what do you think of them?

I think that they are e-mazing! (I know - corny corny corny....)

The best part about the Gina boots (http://www.gina.com/Client/Login/Index1.aspx) is that this gal was busy buying Manolo Blahniks (http://www.vogue.co.uk/whos_who/Manolo_Blahnik/) because he was signing the bottoms of the shoes and he told her to buy these boots! So you know they must be really good!


I sold a pair of CHANEL sandals last week to someone in California. She immediately emailed me to tell me that they were FAKE! I told her that she can certainly return them for full credit but that in no way were they fake. The gal whose shoes they were is a dermatoligist in New York City (very high end) and wouldn't even know where to buy such a thing as a FAKE!

I guess a lot of people are selling fakes on ebay and that is why you have to really know who you are buying from. Of course it is possible (and it has happened to me) that someone gives you something to sell and they don't even know themselves that it is fake. I have to be sooooo careful with the merchandise that I am given to sell and try to check out anything that I feel is questionable. I did send a red leather Hermes wallet to my niece (she works down the block from Hermes) to bring in to them. Yup - it was fake! But obviously I really felt that it was which is why I sent it to her to have it checked out. I did get a Chanel bag that I was uncomfortable with - and right - it was fake too! So I have a pretty good feel for these things. You must know who you are buying from - check their feedback, look at the type of merchandise that they sell and be sure they have enough feedback for you to feel comfortable.

In the end the gal in California emailed me back and apologized - her friend took them to the Chanel boutique and of course they were REAL!

If you wear a size 8 and love shoes like this check them out on my ebay auction site: ilovemygirls3 (I give all of the auction numbers in the comments).......













3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Mom!
You certainly to have a keen eye for the good stuff. Years of training in NYC department stores, I guess...
I went on ebay to look at some larger photos of those awesome shoes and they weren't there. Did you post them yet? Also, I love the way you refer to your blog in your listings now! Nice idea!
Love you!

1:46 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

The shoes are scheduled and will be up in a few days......auction #110012785523 for the Prada burlap and crocodile, #120012756921 for the white satin rose Prada, #110012799902 for the white leather Jil Sander (photo not there yet) and 110013109797 for the Gina boot (which is totally amazing!). I will try to get the bigger photos on later tonight. So much to do - so little time!

2:22 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

I did - the new photos are there.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home