ilovemygirls

Monday, January 29, 2007

One last word - I promise.....

In response to something my son-in-law mentioned in his blog A Molar? A ski? A helium balloon?
I wouldn't call it a battle really - just a misunderstanding. I was under the impression that GPM was insured up to $100 and trackable. With that understanding I have sent 100s of items out of the country feeling secure. Never had a problem! Until the last two weeks - THREE items have not been received - one in London, one in France and one in CANADA! OK - it can happen (I guess - but all at once?) and then I quickly learned that the TRACKING # that I am given doesn't mean anything. There is no way to track the package - anyone you send a GPM package to can tell you they didn't receive it and you are OUT OF LUCK!
So today I sent out a pair of shoes to Sweden. I used EMS (through the USPS) for a charge of $26. The item is both insured and trackable AND I got a page for the postmaster to scan which will show that the item was indeed received at the post office.
To send this same package through UPS or FedEx would have cost between $70-$80!
I do love the USPS - it was just a very expensive lesson to learn that the packages were totally not insured AND not trackable!
Do you think they changed their rules in the middle of the game? I spoke with another gal who sells on ebay and she has been sending things GPM for years too under the same impression as me. She said that she won't anymore!
BUT I love USPS and I adore my sweet postmaster who has the upmost patience with me and my questions.
I love the boxes that they supply free of charge and the overall fabulous service I have gotten.

I know that Brown is great, as is FedEx - BUT they are just so expensive. So - I'll continue to ship out of the country but will NOT use GLOBAL PRIORITY anymore - I learned that nasty lesson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home