ilovemygirls

Friday, January 12, 2007

I just love it!

"Can you do better than that?"
Boy! We're practically giving the merchandise away and people will ask that question!
I would be embarrassed!
Don't people know any better.
We're already selling it for 75% off - the only thing better perhaps, would be if we either gave it away for free or gave them money with it!
What do people want?

OK - so I'm complaining - and I'll just keep going......

You come into a store to try on clothing. You don't have to put it away - although some people do - BUT on the other hand do you think you should leave it on the floor of the dressing room? Should you leave it inside out - or perhaps half inside out and half right side? Leave dirty tissues on the floor? LEAVE UNDERWEAR ON THE FLOOR? This was the worst that I have encountered! Someone asked for a "try on pair of panties" (don't you just love it?) and then left them on the floor of the dressing room. YUCK!

The other thing I really love are the people who come in with absolutely no intention of ever buying anything - will bring at least 50 things into the dressing room(over the course of the next hour or so) - try them all on and then leave them strewn all over the floor. On their way out - they seem to even forget to say "thank you".

Where was these people brought up?

Sorry for being a grump - but I hope no one who reads this will do these things - it's just not nice.

Most people really are very very nice. No one has to put their things back on the racks - we're happy to do that - happy to fold things up and put them away - but people should be considerate. The clothing that they're handling is very expensive (not that $$$ should be a factor here) and should be treated with respect.

One of my favorite things that has happened since I've been working here was at the very beginning....an attractive older woman (in her late 70s perhaps), gray hair handsomely coiffed, black clothing, tall, thin, nicely attired, came in and tried on a very interesting Issey Miyake cape. When she came out of the dressing room she was holding the cape out toward me - I didn't get it at first - but she was sort of tossing it at me! It took me a minute to realize that she expected me to grab if from her (perhaps I should have curtsied too) - people are very funny.

BUT I love it, I love the clothing, I love the people and I'll miss February and March while the store is closed for the cold winter months! But I will be working at the buying for next fall - so that will certainly be fun.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Can you do better than that?" Oh I love it! That's so funny! Well, since it's 75% off for a brand-new beautiful piece of clothing, then certainly you should deduct an additional 10-15% off of the clothes that have been sitting on the floor in the dressing room, shouldn't you? They might have been stepped on! Or better yet - can you knock down the price because they've been tried on - after-all it's now worn, even if for a second...ha ha ha!

I love your stories! I can totally hear you laughing as you tell them! I have to ask you to explain this "try on pair of panties" thing you speak of... WHAT IS THAT ABOUT???? I've never heard of such a thing! Do you get asked that a lot? Maybe a topic for your next entry...

7:14 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

and I love and appreciate your comments!
That was a one and one time only situation. Can you imagine - someone actually asking for "try on panties" - at least she asked - it could have been worse! Oh, some of these gals are just toooo much!
I will say though - that she spent quite a bit of money that day - so I guess it's all part of the game!
WOMEN ARE THE BEST!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I DARE ask where her own panties were? OOPS! hee hee! But honestly, she asked for them like there WAS such a thing? That's just scary that possibly some stores have those? EEWWW! She should have just bought a pair - or at least THAT pair afterwards!

7:28 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

You'd be surprised - lots of women don't wear panties!
I've learned more than I needed to know working here!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home