ilovemygirls

Monday, January 29, 2007

To Catch a Thief!

No - not the movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1955 with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly - more like the EBAY version!
As smart as I'd like to think I am - and so busy giving advice, it seems that I have managed to get caught again.
The thief - JAMES M DUGGAN from PALOS HEIGHTS, Illinois - the name of his company is Motion02-All-Nintendo. Anyone know this creep? He answers his cell phone "Jimmy here" but of course that is just a message - a thief doesn't really answer his phone.

I read an article about BRAIN AGE
Proven software to keep your mind vigorous, agile and fit. Sounds good, yes? I though so and bought the game from Amazon. You need a Nintendo DS to play this mind game and it seems that you can't really find this game at the basic places - BEST BUY, etc. and being such an ebay person, I looked for it on ebay. Believe me, there are plenty for sale.

I found one for $158.50 with FREE SHIPPING. I checked his feedback - pretty good - not 100%, but the negatives were way back - not lately. I checked the items he was selling - all electronic type items and I checked the prices of things - he was selling things ranging from about $10 up to the $100s. Looked good. Did a BUY IT NOW and paid for it immediately. I was sent an email telling me that the item would be in on Saturday and that it would be shipped right out.

Well, you know - I never received it. When I went back to his site I now discovered that he was NO LONGER A REGISTERED USED! Great! I emailed a few people who had bought things on the same day that I did (things for about $300) and asked if they received their item. I did hear from one gal (I can't find her email) who said that she bought something from him for $315 that was for her son - who had saved up his money for this for months and of course didn't receive it.

I've put in a claim with PayPal and hope to get my money back through their Protection Plan - I'll believe it when I see it!

So once again - why do people do this? Obviously this guy built up an honest business so that he had good feedback and then starting cheating people! Nice!
You know how I feel about this - it's so disappointing that people have to do things like this. I wonder why I'm so surprised. Perhaps because I love ebay and I love selling, etc. etc. I take it very seriously and love MOST of the people I meet.

Such is life - there are always bad apples - my mom always said that!
People have to live with themselves - I'm sure that he has no problem.
Too bad for the little boy who saved and saved his $$$ to buy this item from this guy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home