ilovemygirls

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Things do go wrong though........

I had a very pretty peach Eskandar sweater http://www.eskandar.com/flash.htm * on ebay.....lot's of people were watching it and in the end it went for $152.50. I was surprised that it didn't go for more but was pleased that someone who has bought many things from me (and even has given me things of hers to sell) was the one who won it. She won it with auction sniper (a whole other story) http://www.auctionsniper.com/ and I thought that was that. I sent it out the next morning.

I then received an email from another ebayer who recently bought another Eskandar sweater from me and was hoping to win this one too. She said that she put her high bid in at $171.00, 56 seconds before the end of the auction. Question - how is it that she did not win the sweater?

I don't blame her for being upset. She called ebay (being a Platinum seller she can call - this is a big deal as an ebay seller) and the representative suggested that perhaps I put a block on her bids (now why in the world would I do this?) so that someone I know can buy the sweater........duh! If I wanted to sell something to someone I know why would I put it on ebay?

This gal asked if I had any suggestions as to how this could have happened. I tried ebay's LIVE HELP (which I really like - a good way to speak to someone there quickly and they have really helped me out with things in the past) and that was totally useless.

The point of all of this? Well, ebay is great - but there are things that happen that have no explanation - she won't get an answer from ebay that will satisfy her and of course it just annoys me - afterall - I would have gotten more for the sweater - so something went wrong and there is nothing this gal or I can do about it.

Guess we just have to move on to the next sweater..........................

*That Eskandar site is really beautiful...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
It took me a while but I finally got to take a look at your blog. I have to tell you I never knew anything like AuctionSniper was out there although it makes sense that someone would be low enough to do it eventually. I had something similar happen to me but I just never said anything about it. I put in a bid 1 minute before end of sale and there had been no other traffic for 2 hours. So I felt comfortable that I would win. I never saw another bid go up and was never notified by e-bay that I had been out bid but there I was without my item and just a little ticked off. So I have to agree, something is happening somewhere to some of the more upscale items like that.
I also wanted to tell you the little bag is working wonderfully with my wheelchair, doesn't get in the way or rub against the wheel etc. I really do love it. I have even taken the strap off and used it on my regular belt. I was just thrilled with how well it had been cared for, you obviously treated it well. Thanks so much and good luch with your sales.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

Love the daily Ebay stories...
It was hard to read your color choices today... hurt my old eyes

2:17 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Dear Anonymous-I'm so glad that you're enjoying the bag - it was/is a nice little thing. This is for me a good part of what ebay is about - I have so many wonderful things and can't possibly use them all! It makes me feel good to know that they are going to good homes where I know they will be appreciated and loved! B

7:13 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Hi Matty
Thanks - I loved the color - but I will change it so that it doesn't hurt anyone else's eyes! LOVE YOU

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
I'm a relatively new ebay-user -- new but ADDICTED! I have a couple of questions: First, as a seller, do you have the ability to monitor which buyers have your items on "watch this item"? I have learned to "cool off" when I see merchandise I think I must ABSOLUTELY have ; I let the item "ripen" for a day on a watch status before I commit to a sale. (FYI: I have about four of your Eskandar tops "ripening" right now. ) There have been a couple of items I've dragged back and forth on "watch" -- I've wondered if the sellers were aware of this -- if so -- how embarrassing! Secondly, what is this business about the "sniper bidder"(can't remember name)? It is patently unfair for people to take advantage of the auction process. I spend too much time deliberating, analyzing, ruminating, before I commit to buy, once making sure that I was awake at 12:45am for an auction close. It is so unfair for someone with the equivalent of ebay "radar detectors" to take advantage of the process -- is ebay aware of this?
Thanks for the chance to ask questions and fume! I've developed some nice relationships with some of the sellers and I enjoy shopping once again. I love your stuff & wish me luck. Penny

7:27 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

Hi Penny-Funny that you should mention all of this - I was planning to do my next blog about bidding - hoping that I can help some people to learn how to bid safely. I've learned from getting burned here and there - I guess that could be the best teacher.

As a seller - I can only see how many people are watching an item - not WHO is watching. I also cannot tell who the people are who are watching my items - although ebay does let us know whenever a new level is reached. A lot of people watch my things and I take that as a great compliment.

So check the blog - as that is my plan - to try to help people learn the safe way to bid on things.

THANKS
B

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home