ilovemygirls

Sunday, September 17, 2006

What is it about HANDBAGS that we love so much?

Is it because no matter how much we weigh our handbags will always fit? Is it because we don't have to take our clothing off in a dressing room to try it on? What is this all about?

Obviously handbags have become a really mighty business. I think that the manufacturers (the really big names - Chloe, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Dior, Tod's, Ferragamo, etc. etc.) - will continue to raise the prices right up to the sky. Why not, the women are spending it. Handbags have really become the mighty accessory.

I have always loved handbags and find this crazy wave of such high prices really annoying.

Saw a woman the other day at Mangia (in NYC) and she was carrying a really fabulous handbag (so many of the women are) - I didn't know at first whose bag (you know what I mean) it was - but then saw the famous triangle (do you need more information) at the bottom on the side - yes, of course - PRADA - the bag was really fabulous. Then to make this even better - she opened her bag and pulled out her BLACK ALLIGATOR PRADA make-up clutch! WHY NOT? How much better can this get?

What a bag! What a make-up case! My friend said "nice bag" to the woman as she was walking out - and where I might have expected a nose in the air - this gal turned and was so happy that we loved her new bag. She was so nice - not a snob at all - just another nice woman totally LOVING her new handbag. So what that it cost $2900! It was indeed quite wonderful! (This is NOT the bag she was carrying-I couldn't find a picture of it - but it is from this collection)!

So really - what is it? Why can't we ever find the "perfect" handbag? Why is it when I think I've bought the one that will be "IT" for me - there is always another?

This is why I have a closet full of "its!" to sell on ebay. Perhaps one of my "perfect" bags will be "perfect" for someone else and I can continue my quest for the "perfect" bag. Pefect being - not too heavy - not too big - not too small - definitely BLACK, enough compartments - not too many though (I can never find where I put something when there are too many compartments), and for me of course, the perfect shoulder strap. The one thing I love the best is a bag that can sit in front of me! Then why do I continue buying shoulder bags and bags that you have to hold! Oh, it is so difficult.

AND - do you know about Purznizer? Yes, this is something you keep in your handbag to organize all of the things that you need to carry.
http://www.purznizer.com/

I've already bought two Purznizer's! and they're really great!

And then there is the one I haven't bought yet - the Purseket - this looks good too!






Check it out online
http://www.purseket.com/




So - tell me - PLEASE - why can't we ever find the Perfect handbag?

BUT I'll tell you - it sure is fun trying!

The link to my ebay items is: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZilovemygirls3QQhtZ-1

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try my current fave bag. It's a Francesco Basia. The smaller of two sizes that this comes in, with tons of compartments. Now if I could only remember the name of it. Anyway, they had it at TJ Maxx, for a steal of a price.

7:47 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

I will check it out! Thanks so much! Love those handbags!

7:54 PM  
Blogger KO said...

Hi B! Yes handbags are the BEST. I am still using the Marc Jacobs and I just love it to death. Thank you soo much for that. They did an excelent job repairing it. I too have noticed the extreme pricing on bags and accesories! It is crazy but if people are paying it, and I know they are, why not. I look forward to more great posts and more great deals! Kristen

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home