ilovemygirls

Friday, September 01, 2006

Like I said - things do go wrong!

Like I said - things do go wrong! I had a wonderful Eskandar tweed sweater on ebay (one of my own). Listed at $175.00 - bidding started early (for the seller, that's the best) and just kept going up and up.......would you believe it sold for $610! How happy was I?

But you know, I really didn't believe it - too good to be true. I looked at the high bidder's feedback - not bad - both as a buyer and a seller! So I just settled back and waited for payment. Most people pay immediately through PayPal (that's what I do when I buy something), some people take a day or two, some people send a money order - that's OK too!

But yesterday before I left work there was an email from ebay:


Dear ilovemygirls3 (mygirls3@hughes.net),
The results of the following listings have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:
110022562685 Cashmere/Wool Beige Tweed Mock Neck Eskandar-OS
We have temporarily suspended the bidding account and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, fees resulting from the listings in question have been credited to your account.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.
Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,
eBay Trust & Safety


So - I was right - it was too good to be true!

What annoys me though - is that I am the innocent party - my item is taken off - the work that I had to do to list it - measuring, etc. has to be done again - the item has to be relisted. I do not know which person screwed this up for me - how much I actually could have gotten, etc. etc.

This happened to me once before -

What is it with people? Why do they want to ruin a good thing? Ebay is such a great place - so many wonderful people - so many wonderful bargains - and where else can one person be able to move things on to people who really want them? no matter how far away they might be? When I sold my CHANEL bag that I was NEVER EVER going to use again to someone in Japan who was so happy to get it - isn't that great? I think so - but there is always someone who gets their jollies by doing things like this.

Makes me angry and disappointed that people have to be like this. Why should it be a surprise - look at the state the world is in.

For the record - what is a third party listing service? Oh, I think I know - something like iSALE. That must be it! Too bad I didn't list it through iSale - that would be easier! Now I have to start again!!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home