ilovemygirls

Monday, September 11, 2006

Someone got a GREAT DEAL!

It works both ways - sometimes an item will go way up in price! Of course as a seller that is always the very BEST! Good though for the person who bought it too! Because they got what they wanted and will be so happy to receive it. It's such fun waiting for your purchase to arrive! Even better when it gets there and you LOVE IT!

But every once in awhile someone gets an absolutely FABULOUS deal from me! Not necessarily because I want it that way - but because selling on ebay requires lots of psychology and sometimes you just don't psychoanalize it right! So what do you do? You've managed to sell something way way way below the price it should have gone for. What do you do? Well, you could do what someone did to me when I managed to win that $1500 CHANEL bag for $355 - just don't send it and tell them to "try to get your money back from PAYPAL" (luckily I did!) or you could do what I do - send it with good wishes. Because that is what ebay is all about. You can get really great deals here! It is the best shopping place (I think) that you can find.

So here's the GREAT DEAL! A Vintage Pair of RALPH LAUREN Western Boots. Amazing boots - so I do what I usually do - I look up completed items on Ebay and find a pair of nice Vintage boots that went for $555. The auction was started at $9.99 - I never really like this approach (for a lot of different reasons) but I say to myself - OK - give it a go! See what happens! What happened! Ha! $37! Yes, that's right - $37! So I was totally outsmarted - but you know - this is a first - I will actually pay the gal whose boots these are a lot more money for them. I screwed up! She can't be responsible for that and these are valuable boots. It's the first time anything like this has happened to me! But you know - I hope the gal who is getting them (a gift from her boyfriend - the boots will be on their way to Germany) will LOVE them! I hope that I will hear from the buyer that she did - I hope that they will both be happy and that the boots will get plenty of wear!


I had been in a store during the day that sells Vintage Western boots and they were going upwards from $400 (and those were in dreadful shape!) - so a really good deal was gotten here. That's OK - like I said, it works both ways - I have gotten some fabulous deals! Except for that one creep - everyone has always honored their committment!

But again, it works both ways........

We had a Rundholz coat in the store a year ago that sold for $160. They ran out of the store - customer's begged us to get more, but none were available. One of the women who was lucky enough to get one - decided a few months later that she didn't want it and gave it to me to sell on ebay. What do you know? It went for $477! Yes, that's right - $477. Now you might think that the person who bought it for that price must have been crazy! But no - she managed to get something that she wanted - she could not have found that piece anywhere - at any price. So everyone is happy - the gal who didn't want it anymore got a really nice price for it - I made a nice commission for selling it and the woman who got it - LOVED IT! Why not, it was fabulous.

So, it works every which way. Life is short - enjoy the little things - shop on ebay and find the things that will make you happy. It's fun! Enjoy!

The link to my ebay items is: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZilovemygirls3QQhtZ-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home