ilovemygirls

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The fakes I've managed to purchase.......

Yes, it can happen to all of us......no matter how careful.....no matter how smart!

My first was costly! $610. Hope I didn't tell you this already (for some reason I think that I did) but this time I will tell the whole story........

I should have known better - why? because the seller did not have many feedbacks and the few that she did have - well, a lot of them were from people she bought things from. It's so much better to buy from someone who has a lot of good feedback from BUYERS!

But of course the item was tooooo good to be true and how I would have loved to own one. A Bottega Veneta large BLACK WOVEN TOTE. Sells for at least $3000! So - does someone really believe they can get this for $610? Well, I know that people get really good deals from me - so why not? It can happen.

So I happily bid my $610 (with auction sniper) and WON IT! YAY! I was so happy - couldn't wait for it to come. Yes, that's fun too! The wait. But I send things out immediately (the day they are paid for) and I'm waiting and waiting......finally I email the seller and ask her where the bag is - "it's coming from England" Uh oh! Why isn't it in her apartment in Brooklyn?

So finally the bag came - nicely wrapped from England - I ripped right into it! Ahhhh! Nice leather - soft and supple - yes, this could be real!

NOOOOOO! Cardboard on the bottom of the bag - between the lining and the bottom - HUGE DIFFERENCE. Doesn't sit right, doesn't look right - IT'S NOT REAL! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

What a disappointment. But there will be no problem, after all, I had her telephone number and she was so nice. So I called her and lo and behold - disconnected! I reported her to eBAY
and to PayPal. PayPal told me to return the item, gave me her address and told me not to worry - afterall, I have PAYPAL protection!

So with that security I immediately returned the FAKE BOTTEGA to the gal in Brooklyn. Having my item tracked the next day through UPS I discovered that the item was delivered and signed for by someone on the first floor of the building. I called PayPal and gave them the information. I was immediately credited back through PayPal - yes, their Buyer's Protection! YES! $175! DUH! Where is the rest of the money? "OH no, that's all the protection we can give you - unless this person pays you back - that's it".

Oh boy!

So yes, I continued to try to get a response from my seller by email. NO LUCK! What to do, what to do? The thought of losing all that money to a thief did upset me sooooo much!

So I did a REVERSE ADDRESS SEARCH on Yahoo and was able to get the names, addresses AND phone numbers of most of the people at 55 Pineapple Street in Brooklyn, NY.

I promptly emailed my seller with the information that was I going to call everyone - starting with her next door neighbors (having her apartment # too) and let them know that she was a thief! And that if that didn't work the next day I would call the POLICE!

Had the money back in my account in hours!

That turned out to be very satisfying!

My next blog will be the next fake BOTTEGA that I received!

is fun no matter what! It's all an experience!




The link to my ebay items is: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZilovemygirls3QQhtZ-1


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE how you handled this. You are such a bad ass!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mattyd said...

You are like an EBay cop!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home