ilovemygirls

Monday, September 04, 2006

Plaid! The New Grunge!

Where do they come up with these things? I was watching The Today Show the other day and this is what they said "PLAID IS THE NEW GRUNGE"! What does that mean exactly? You got me! Why can't they just say that PLAID is showing up this season - in pants, jackets, etc.?

Everyday they have another fashion expert on telling us what the very LATEST is and how we should wear it - what is the RIGHT length for our skirts, our pants, etc. Can't we decide ourselves what is BEST for us? Why does something have to be IN STYLE? Are we not able to look in the mirror and know that even though they say that the hemline should be here or there that that is not right for ME!

I see it in the store all of the time - we don't really buy what is IN STYLE! We buy the things that we love and that we think the customers will love. When someone comes in and says straight legs are in, wide legs are out - COME ON! What do you like to wear? What do you think looks best on you. I guess when you're in your 20's - that is OK (but I still think classic is best) but OK - you want what is in style - but in our 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's - and up from there - we should want what we like, what we love and what we feel comfortable in. We MUST feel comfortable in our clothing and we should enjoy what we wear!

I love clothing - most everything I have is BLACK! I don't care what color they tell me is the new BLACK - BLACK IS BLACK and I love it. I'm comfortable in it. When you open my closet door you will see the BLACK SEA!

The funny thing - sometimes there is a lot of black in the store - people come in and say "oh my - so much black!". So you show them a gorgeous RED sweater - what do they say "DO YOU HAVE IT IN BLACK?"!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! This is my favorite post so far!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck - Plaid?? Not my favorite! Give me black any day... or pink... :)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home