ilovemygirls

Saturday, June 09, 2007

I woke up last week and had to get ready for work. I usually start my day by grabbing my computer and checking my ebay. Then I check my mail - I have to give myself some time for this because there are usually questions that need to be answered, labels to be printed and scrabble plays to be made.

I play scrabble online with a few people and really enjoy it. We play two games - one regular and one super scrabble. If you have any interest - there is really a great site - for $10 a year you can play all the scrabble that you like. You have to go to the site - it's really great! and you can find as many people to play with as you can manage and they are from all over the world! SCRABBLE...

Anyway - when going through my mail this is the one that really upset me:

Hi.The bag was not arrive and what arrive was skirt.I think you did mistake for shipping?? I'll wait your contact.Really I was looking forward to arrive the bag so...I hope it will be OK. Thanks.

OH BOY OH BOY! You know I have been selling on ebay for about 4 years now. I was always amazed that nothing went wrong - well you know that all changed around Christmas time last year and hasn't been the same since. Too many things have just gone wrong! Interesting that things always manage to get straightened out - but of course I am so upset with myself because these things have happened. I think that I have too many things being sold, having to be shipped, etc. and just not enough time.

So - OK - I had to figure out what went wrong. It was a beautiful Jamin Puech handbag that was going to Japan. I checked out the things that I sent out that day and it didn't take too much detective work to figure out that I also sent a skirt out the same day to Japan.

Great - I obviously packed each item and then managed to get the wrong label on each of them. I try to be so careful - when the label comes out of the printer I write down exactly what the item is, etc. etc. - I make a list of who is getting what - but this time it didn't work. Remember - the skirt was a small slim package - the skirt weighed very little while the bag was in a box and was a much bigger package.

I immediately emailed the first gal and told her that I would get it straightened out and then emailed the other gal. Then I contacted ebay for the contact information and called the second gal in Japan.

Well, what can I say - this was just the nicest person. Her English was so good and she was so sweet and so kind. She had just arrived home after being with her family - her father was quite ill and she had been with him the last week or two. She promised that she would get the package and send it on to the right person.

Then I called the first gal - well, it turns out she doesn't live in Japan (but that is a whole other story) and tried to speak with her mom. Her mom doesn't speak English and of course I don't speak Japanese. Interesting though - her mom was able to tell her that it had to do with ebay and that I sounded very nice.

Worlds apart - different languages - but somehow we manage to communicate.

I find this all so interesting.

I'm sorry that the packages got messed up - each has been sent on to the right person and by Monday or Tuesday the right items will be in the right hands.

BUT - both of these young women were so nice, so kind, so genuine that I feel lucky that we had the opportunity to meet.

This is the gal who bought the handbag..............

Isn't she beautiful? and her daughter! even more beautiful!

How lucky am I to have gotten to know this person - even if just a little bit? I think that ebay is an amazing place.

I'm sorry that I managed to mess up the packages - I really am - but I'm not sorry to have met this wonderful person.

It's great that these two people were so nice to understand how something like this can happen and be so willing and so helpful to make it right.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone could get along like this? I think so.

Needless to say - but I was late for work that day!


2 Comments:

Blogger Aslavetofashion said...

Hi - I am the Eskie seller who emailed you the other day about a buyer that had not paid. How are you? I wanted to comment on something you said in your last post about the collecting the final value fees when a buyer does not pay. Did you know that you have to ask for the final value fee back when you get a TKO?? I think they may have fixed it recently but you should check. I am sure you must have had some of them. That is when there is an account takeover and there are false Buy It Now transactions. I have to go back through all of last year's bills to get my proper credit when I figured that one out. Yes - they are good at figuring out when it happens - but to give you your money back... You have to ask...
Anyway - I enjoyed reading your blog. Take care,
Anne

2:11 PM  
Blogger Aslavetofashion said...

Hi - I emailed you the other day about a buyer who had not paid me. I am another Eskandar seller. Anyway in reading your post from the other I was wondering if you knew that ebay was not crediting the final value fee for TKOs? They may have started to recently but I had to go through my bill for the last year back in March to get them to credit all of my FVFs from the TKOs. They knew I was not getting that back - a sin of omission I guess...
Anyway - take care,
Anne

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home