ilovemygirls

Friday, May 18, 2007

HELP!

First - before I start this blog let me say that I have just been so BUSY! I don't know where the time goes - but it sure does disappear!
Second - the mix-up in the packages before I went to California got straightened out. Both parties couldn't have been nicer and each sent the right parcel to the right buyer! WHEW!

But now - read this:
I just sent this email to an ebayer who bought a wonderful Hermes belt from me....

Dear Mikkel
Believe me, this makes NO SENSE to me at all. But first let me say - DON'T WORRY - your belt is coming!

But this is the story:
You made your payment to PAYPAL for the Hermes belt on 5/10 - at that time I ordered the shipping label for you right through PAYPAL. They show the item as shipped on 5/11 (tell me, did you receive anything?)
Now you have to understand that I send out lots of things and nothing like this has ever happened before.

Today I got the following email from one of the wonderful people who buy things from me:

Hi Barbara, I fear an error has been made! I have just received what I believe to be this very item on my doorstep. It is destined for someone else and in error was sent to me. Looking at the item on your completed item page, I see the winning bidder was someone in Europe. I will need to know whether I should return this to you or whether I should forward it to the person who purchased it. I love to purchase from you and have done so many times and always have been so happy with your wonderful listings. Thus, I know this news will be upsetting for you as you are conscientious and do things so well. I will be happy to do whatever suits you best. I do have some concern as to my responsibility in ensuring that the item is sufficiently covered against loss and would need to get proof of delivery as I would become a third party in this transaction. I look forward to hearing from you after you have had a chance to take a deep breath! Melanie

Really I am lucky that I do business with such nice people.

Now, how did this great belt that you purchased wind up in Canada on her doorstep. I can't imagine. I came home from work and have tried to figure it out. There would have been no label printed up for her on May 11th as she didn't buy anything within that time frame AND your label was purchased through PAYPAL - all of the information comes up without me having to put it in.

I can't figure it out. I'm totally stymied! Did you receive anything from me? I hope not....

In any event this terrific gal went to her post office in Canada today and tried to send it out to you immediately - how nice is she? But she didn't get there in time. At the end of the day I received this email from her:

Hi Barbara,
Unfortunately I was not able to beat the deadline and was still in line when the postal collector came to pick up the parcels. Do not scream when I tell you I am still in possession of this wayward parcel. I will take it back tomorrow morning but as there will be no pick-up until Tuesday and the difference in mailing costs is significant, I thought I should at least give you the option of a choice. There are two ways to mail this. The first will include insurance (up to $100.) and does include signature and is by Xpresspost taking 4-7 days with on time guarantee. This method costs $45.00 The second method is Air Parcel (small packet) and takes 6-10 days but does not have insurance nor signature. This method costs 7.90. The only method that can be insured and signed for is the first method. Because there is such a huge difference in postal costs I thought I should let you know so that you could give me your preference. Melanie

I have already asked her to send it via the first option - Xpresspost - for $45 (between what you paid and what I've paid - the shipping is over $65!). As you can see - she will get it out Tuesday morning and you should have it in 4-7 days.

Can you believe this?
I can't - it's a real mystery and I really can't figure it out.
Even if you did receive something from me - I mean what did I put the label that was ordered for you on? and where did this repeat label from something that I mailed to her on March 16th come from?

Most of all I hope that you will have the necessary patience to receive your wonderful HERMES belt and that you will have forgiveness for what seems to be a real puzzle!

I would love to hear from you.
I would love to know that you understand the situation and whether or not you did receive something from me.

Have a great weekend
THANKS in advance for your consideration and understanding

BARBARA
ilovemygirls3

and read my blog - as this will be my next one!!!!!!!!

OK - who can figure this one out? I truly can't! How did an exact label get printed on 5/11 for something that was already sent out on 3/16 to someone in Canada? AND - what happened to the label that I ordered up on 5/11 to Denmark through PAYPAL?

My luck - that mix-up before I left for California was the first ever in the almost 4 years I have been selling on ebay. I was actually happy when it happened because I had always worried about it happening and once it did - well, I didn't have to worry anymore - know what I mean?

BUT NOW THIS - I'm sitting here shaking my head - I just can't understand how it has happened.

Lucky me though - Melanie couldn't be nicer and I appreciate it so much. I will send her a little surprise for being sooooo nice. Believe me, this could be a much bigger mess than it is.

Well, I'm anxious to hear if the gal in Denmark did receive something else and how quickly it will take for the belt to get to her. I sent it out on the 11th and Melanie received it today (7 days - USPS says it should take 4-6 days) - perhaps I should ask for a refund - HA HA HA!

Of course you know that when I track the number that shows up for the label made out for Denmark I get no information. USPS tells me that there is no such number! I do love it!

Have a good weekend everyone and if anyone has any guesses - let me know.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, mommy, what a nice woman melanie is! so nice!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home