ilovemygirls

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The H Belt Saga continues..................

From Melanie in Canada......

Just a note to let you know your parcel has been posted. I actually went to the main post office this a.m. just in case the parcel might be processed sooner but believe it or not, it was closed until Tuesday. My next stop was the closest substation where even the postal worker seemed horrified to tell me that if I needed a signature it would be $68. When I told him that I was told $45. the day before, he replied that that was only for tracking and thus I settled for tracking and insurance and the quickest way possible. I got a copy of the invoice that I will mail to you as I find still find it hard to believe myself. The total came to $48.43 as there is also a surcharge for fuel. I am indeed sorry that this transaction has cost you so much Barbara. It goes beyond decency! I know from reading your blog about your rightful concern in getting items safely to their destination but I am only a buyer and have never objected to having things sent to me in the safest way possible. As I look at this from your side, each time you send something off you are at the mercy of someone on the receiving end being an honest buyer.

Incidentally, when I filled out the form with my return address and the address of the recipient, there was a space for her telephone number - when I mentioned that I did not know it, the postal worker said not to worry about it. I am hoping this information was valid and am wondering if you need the recipient's phone number when mailing overseas from USA.*

I have worked out the exchange on the $50. minus the 1.75 taken by PayPal and the cost of the envelope at roughly 1.50 without tax and I am now owing you about 2.50. I will use the send money feature on PayPal to reimburse you - small change from such a large amount sent - I was hoping it would be more.

I see that you have sent me something - truly you need a scolding - thank you and this was most unnecessary.

I found the tale of the woman truly amusing and could not imagine someone thinking the price should be lower. Somehow you manage to portray to me a lady of great wit and wisdom and common sense and obviously these characteristics shone forth in this instance. I also loved learning of your travels and buying forays and whenever I read your descriptions, I know you know what you are talking about.

Do you remember the blog about the lady who wanted the unusual and somewhat helmet-like hat - she was not young but wanted to wear that hat regardless of how it looked! I loved that story and hope she ended up wearing it. I myself am now a granny and though not quite able to picture myself in the third Reich-like hat, I salute her fun-loving spirit in doing so. I also salute your courage Barbara in dealing with the challenges and surprises that selling on ebay sends.

Remember to breathe deeply in times of stress!

M.


And my reply to her.....

I'm breathing deeply right now - it's my only choice! Yes, I guess I don't think often about the challenges of selling on ebay - but there are many. I enjoy it (most of the time) so much that I don't think of the challenges. Most of the time I just find difficult people somewhat entertaining. I mean - really - life is so short and there are so many terrible things going on all over the world that you have to appreciate the little things.

So people who become petty or mean - well, you have to feel sorry for them more than anything else. One of my ebayers received a really fabulous BANANA REPUBLIC brown leather jacket from me. $68! Soft beautiful leather - she emailed me to tell me that the middle button was broken and had she known she would not have bid so high! $68 for a jacket that was probably worn once, maybe twice! I told her that I obviously didn't see that the button was broken and that hopefully there was an extra inside the jacket.

Luckily there was and she emailed me back to tell me how annoyed she was that she had to waste her time taking it to be replaced.

OH BOY! Talk about taking a deep breath! I practically hyperventilated! I emailed her back and told her that I clearly understand how upset she must be but that she must look at this in the proper perspective. It was the day after that awful shooting and I was listening to the news as I was writing her the email. The sadness and the misery of all of these people - and she was upset because she had to take time to get the button replaced. I didn't hear from her again - but she did leave good feedback - so perhaps she got the message.

Overall though - people are grateful for the things that they are able to buy on my site and that is really what keeps me doing this. I love sending things all over the world, I love giving people the opportunity to get wonderful things that they would have trouble finding anyplace else - AND usually at really good prices.

Today I am going to be listing some fabulous pieces that someone gave me from Hermes! Sweaters and such - how wonderful is that?

I so appreciate that you took time from your day - good thing that other gal did not receive the belt by mistake - to help me out. I have not heard from the gal in Denmark at all. I have emailed her the details of the situation - but hopefully she will just be happy when she receives the belt. Perhaps with all of the shipping costs and the price she paid we could have bought one NEW from Hermes! Ah well, this belt is better now - it has a real story!

Enjoy your day - I must get busy listing things.

Barbara


*note - yes, a telephone number is always required - but I just put in my own!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home