ilovemygirls

Friday, November 14, 2008

PRISONER of EBAY

As a seller on ebay I work very hard to offer up wonderful items at great prices to people. I sell things all over the world - and I LOVE IT! The things that I get to sell are all generally pretty wonderful. Getting my items from many of the women who shop at the store where I work - mostly pretty high end things! People can buy $1100 jackets from me for as little as $100. BRAND NEW and with the tags! Big name designers - all beautiful merchandise.

I hate when someone asks me the question "does it smell? does it have odors?" yuck yuck and yuck again. I wouldn't be selling smelly things - I wouldn't touch them myself. I guess I must realize that there are all kinds of sellers on ebay and that perhaps these people had been cheated in the past and are just being careful. I have to watch myself so as not to give a snide answer! I have to remember that I am selling on ebay!

I sold a little KOOBA bag - black leather - to someone for $51. I'm really not familiar with KOOBA bags although I have heard of the name. It was a pretty little bag - nothing fancy - outrageous - rather simple! Now let's remember too - it sold for only $51! I received an email from the buyer telling me that it was not real! Now - does KOOBA make fakes? I doubt it - if you know - tell me! I checked with the gal who gave me the bag and of course she said "please, I would never give you anything fake to sell" - this is a friend of my daughter's. These girls all work very hard, they make a lot of money and they would NEVER carry fakes. I always know who I'm dealing with - I don't take things to sell from people that I don't know.

Now I don't know what she will do - I emailed her and suggested that if she is unhappy she should return the bag to me for a full credit - plus her shipping both ways!

YES - I am a prisoner of ebay! As a seller - I have absolutely NO RECOURSE! If this gal wants to leave me negative feedback, she can - and I really can't do anything about it. I can't leave her negative feedback no matter what she does!

I understand all of the problems with the feedback system. If you go back through my archives you will read many of my unhappy feedback tales! But now that ebay has changed the rules - I have to just let anyone leave me whatever feedback they want - and I can't do anything about it. It seems unfair to me.

To date I have 100% feedback with over 5000 sales - that's pretty good. I called my representative from ebay today to discuss this and she told me that my record is GREAT and that I am going a great job (thanks!). BUT she said "you know - you will get a negative eventually - that's just the way it is" She said that I can't take it personally - but gee, isn't it personal?

Does that seem fair to you?
My only answer would be if a seller feels that a negative was left unjustly that they really have a right to arbitration!

AHHHHHH!

Well, at least OBAMA won! I'm so happy about that that I think I'll just forget about this for the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home