ilovemygirls

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I must keep this going.........

Had a lovely day out with a friend today and realized that writing of this blog is important......I enjoy it and it is a way to share some of the things that I learn everyday on eBay or in life, in general - and I always have a lot to say :)


Received an email from someone who wanted to offer $190 for a pair of Roger Vivier fabulous shoes that I have listed for $225.

This is the newest thing - people make offers for things even though you are offering the item as a BUY IT NOW for a set price. It really makes me crazy. Sometimes, it's OK, I can go down a few bucks - but it makes me feel badly for the people who don't make an offer and just buy! Sometimes though, I feel that the price is really fair and that's that - you want it at the fair price, buy it, or move on. A great item that is priced fairly will be sold. But I really believe that there are people who just won't buy unless you knock a few dollars off of the price. This really goes against my grain. I see it in the store too - people offer less than what the item is being sold for. UGH. Well, we NEVER EVER would take less for something at the store - but of course, that is not eBAY :)

Sorry, I just love the smiley :)


Anyway - this person went a little further - rather than offering a bit less, she also suggested (assuming it is a female) that she pay me directly through PAYPAL and that way she omits eBay altogether and suggests that I will save the fees for eBay.

I really find this just awful and unfair. Yes, eBay's fees are high - but here is this amazing marketplace that brings people together from all over the world. This morning I sold a pen to someone in Brazil and pretty much everyday I am sending something to someone in another part of the world - Russia, Italy, England, France, Norway, Denmark, etc. etc. etc.

Isn't it amazing? How can something that is in a closet in Boston wind up in a closet in Russia? Yes, that is what eBay does - it brings all of us together. So why should we knock eBay out of the equation? Does that seem fair to you? It doesn't to me - I appreciate eBay and the marketplace that they have built - people who sell on eBay have to realize this and pay the price.

So this gal didn't buy the shoes from me - because she wanted to cheat eBay out of their profit for bringing her together with me? People like this are always figuring out ways to screw someone else - I really can't stand it.

BUT I LOVE EBAY!
Check out my items http://bit.ly/ebcUZt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home