ilovemygirls

Friday, December 31, 2010

How KOOL is KOOL?



I love it - yes, I really love New York City. I love the country too - but New York City is my real home! Love the hustle and bustle - love the people - love it all! We are so lucky to be here every other week (at least) - just to see our grandson would be enough, but we love everything else too.

Last night we saw "BRIEF ENCOUNTER" - a definite surprise for us. The show is closing next week - but you have a few days to get a fun unexpected time - very clever performance and stage display.

We saw TRUE GRIT, THE KINGS SPEECH and today we will go to see THE ILLUSIONIST at my most favorite theater - THE PARIS THEATER. Besides NYC, I also love going to the movies!


We had some fabulous dinners - Artisinal - my most favorite! always!
But what do I love the very most?

I was at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day and the man in front of me (who wound up in back of me - don't know how that happened) said to me "you look really KOOL". Ahhhh, I mean at 63 years old, how many people do you think tell me that? and yes - it's still good to hear! Guess it's not the same as when I was 17 and working in the Garment Center - can't even repeat those comments! Yes, this is better!

Then......to top it off - I was on the Madison Avenue bus uptown when the man sitting next to me - BERNIE (in his 60s) said "did you make your muffler?" :) "Well, no" and I explained to him how I work at this fabulous store TANGLEWOOL in Lenox, MA and that this muffler was from a designer called ISSEY MIYAKE!

He was very interested in finding one for his wife. His wife was sitting a seat away from me and I must say she was a very attractive woman. Didn't want to tell him that he probably couldn't find another and that the cost was $650!
But the fact that he liked it enough to want to find one for his wife was so nice.
And that is what I also love about NYC! By the time I got off the bus he had my two business cards and I had his phone number in Albany! He suggested that we all have lunch sometime!

Took the doggies to the dog park on 27th and Fifth - roamed around Eataly!
It's been a fabulous week in New York City - blizzard and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home