ilovemygirls

Sunday, December 26, 2010

XMAS in NYC

There is nothing like New York City at Christmas time! I love it so much.
Got up this morning and ran out to catch the Blue LIGHT Unlimited Bus uptown. What a great bus! especially when there is no traffic. Talk of a BIG STORM got everyone out early along with the shoppers looking for the BIG SALES. Stores opened at 8AM this morning - how fabulous is that?
I took off making BED BATH & BEYOND my first stop, and damn - didn't I forget my coupon? That's me - plenty of coupons sitting on the table! Luckily BB&B lets you bring in the receipt and get your 20%! YAY! I mean really, the gal in front of me had her coupon and she only bought a chocolate bar - she saved 20 cents. I could have bought her coupon for 40 cents and still come out ahead! I bought my Tassimo coffee discs and walked over to Bloomingdales. I love that they opened at 8AM! But there was nothing for me there and I moved on to Saks Fifth Avenue!
BEDLAM! The place was packed - I couldn't believe it. Here we have a HUGE STORM predicted but that doesn't stop New Yorkers from looking for their bargains - myself included. But really, I wasn't looking for bargains - just wanted to get some make up at the Cle de Peu counter - $300 later I went up to the shoe floor! Yes, they have their own zip code! Bedlam - no, that word doesn't describe it. You had to wait on line just to get to the shoes! How funny is that? And then, you get to the shoes - and then what? How could you possibly find someone to help you? How could you find what you might want? No, I must not be the shopper I think that I am - because there was no way that I was going to be able to find anything there today! But the gals were doing it - people even had shopping bags filled with shoes! NOT ME!
I moved on to Lord & Taylor and Sarabeth's for a nice delicious yogurt with granola and honey. YUM YUM & YUM!
When I was young I would never have gone anywhere to eat all by myself - now, I love it! It gives you the opportunity to look around and see the people! See what's going on around you! and the yogurt was delicious!
After that I actually went to the Men's floor and bought my hubby boots! This is a man who stays in any shoe department for hours deciding if the shoes/boots/etc. are going to be OK. I mean really, 13 Narrow! Impossible! But not for me - do these Timberland's come in a size 13? They do? GREAT!, I'll take them! and in 10 minutes I was out of there - boots in hand and perfect for the hubby! He loved them, and they fit! WOW! I think that is a riot. If he were with me, we'd probably still be in the department.
From there it was off to Grand Central Market to get provisions for being snowed in. Fabulous Chilean Sea Bass that was beyond delicious. Listening to PANDORA in our little studio in Manhattan - it's great!
A couple of drinks and a few dances - married 37 years! We're lucky!
It doesn't get better than this - not for me, anyway!
I LOVE NY!
and yes, it's snowing - beautiful from up here looking out at the city.....lots of snow....a paradise!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

2 Comments:

Blogger Taleia said...

I am sooo jealous reading about your day. I am so a city girl at heart - I love bedlam and places to go and the whir and the hum. Unfortunately I am stuck in the country for now. But I can dream! :)

4:55 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

We love the country too! But the city is much more alive.....but now it's totally white and the wind is blowing. Thunder and lightning too!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home