ilovemygirls

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I love technology

I really should just be being born right now! I love technology and would love to be able to see where it takes us in the future.
People are always rather taken when they realize some of the things that I'm capable of doing. Not because it's so amazing - but because I'm 63 years old and have absolutely no fear of technological things. Last week I bought and set up a ROKU player in our little studio apartment because our tenant does not have any TV channels. I can't live without news and movies. I heard about the ROKU player on Morning Joe and went to Radio Shack immediately to get one. My husband laughed - like I was really going to get this thing to work! My son-in-law was impressed that I even knew what a ROKU player was! HA HA HA - I showed them all! Working with ONLINE CHAT on the ROKU site, setting it up was as easy as pie.
There's so much out there and it is great.
This morning I printed out all of the labels for all of the items that have sold over the XMAS holiday and blizzard day, here at my daughter's apartment. After printing them out I just faxed them all to my house in the Berkshires so that my assistant can get all of the packages out.
Now, I know that this doesn't sound like THE MOST BRILLIANT thing in the world to do - but the idea that I can order the labels here on my computer in New York City and get them faxed over to my house in the Berkshires is really great!
Yes, she could have ordered the labels on the computer there (well, if the satellite is cleaned of the 30" of snow) but because she is not as familiar with ordering up the labels as I am, it would have really taken a long time for both of us. Me on one end of the phone and her on the other.
OK OK, the fact that I had the pages in upside down and that they came through blank at the other end, well - that's OK, I'm sending them again. :)

So yes - this made a real difference and without all of the wonderful technology, it would be impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home