ilovemygirls

Monday, March 14, 2011

oh ha! yay! hooray!

We close the store at the end of January. The weather here leaves a lot to be desired in February and March and it's crazy to be at the store when no one wants to leave their homes. So a few years ago we started closing for those two months. This past year, the owner and I actually stopped working at the store right after xmas. That was so good - things were slow and everything was on sale - too many other things to do - so that worked out well.

And now this awful winter is finally coming to an end. It was not a great winter for many reasons. The weather brought us much too much snow - it seemed like it wasn't going to ever end. Life being unfair brought the death of my dear boss' loving husband of 41 years - she is brokenhearted and we are all so sad just for the thought that something like this can just happen right out of the blue to a healthy man. He loved life, his family and cooking for all of his friends - he will be sorely missed

I topped all of this off with a case of the SHINGLES - on my face! UGH! Lucky me though - and believe me, I count my lucky stars - I was diagnosed sooo fast that the medication actually stopped it in its tracks. It was so awful, uncomfortable, ugly, itchy, painful for 3 days and then BINGO - marched right off. Saw the eye doctor again this morning who suggested that my immune system must be very strong (then why did I get it?) and that hopefully this will not wind up in my eye. The type of SHINGLES that I had tends to go into the eye - not a good thing! But with the fast diagnosis and quick medication, he feels that I will be lucky. Hope he's 100% correct.

So today - just one week later, I was back at the store helping to unpack for our re-opening on April 1st.

It sure felt good to be touching the beautiful clothing again. Lots of beautiful things from Rundholz, Annette Goetz, Trelise Cooper, Rubinacci, Les Copains, Issey Miyake - so far that is what we have unpacked - wonder what will come in tomorrow.

So, like I said
oh ha
Yay
Hooray

I love this time of the year - the worst of winter is over, we're getting to re-open the store and warm weather and hopefully happy times are coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home