ilovemygirls

Monday, August 15, 2011

What is this about?

After selling for so many years on eBay, I find it fascinating that you can still learn something new each day. Not always a good thing :(
Woke up this morning to discover that a claim was opened in PAYPAL for an item that I sent to Belgium.
It was purchased on August 12, paid for on August 13th and shipped out that same day.
So - what is the claim about? Luckily I can call and speak to someone at PayPal and was told that it was Paypal that opened the claim. Not against me, but that they have suspicions regarding the transaction.
DUH! So they pulled the $225 from my account!
What was established in my phone call was that I am protected with PayPal's seller protection (well, good thing!) and that all I have to prove is that I sent the item. I had to supply the USPS tracking number and he did check that the item was sent to the address provided.
NOW - even though I did nothing wrong - the money does not come back to me until PayPal has completed their research at their end.
I asked what that might be and was told that basically it was none of my business!
They can just pull money from your account - just like that! and you have no say! AND you have no choice because eBay tells you that PAYPAL is the ONLY way that you can accept payment.

Look, I love eBay and PayPal has been great over the years. I have no complaints with either and am grateful to them as it has proven to be a wonderful situation for me. They will work this out at their end - basically it has nothing to do with me - but I am the one who did exactly what I should have and they are holding my $$$

Looks like eBay and PayPal have it all figured out for themselves :) All that I can do is sit back and hope for the best. He did promise that it shouldn't take more than two weeks to figure it all out and that basically all I had to do was prove that the item was sent out with a valid tracking #.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home