ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Sellers have no opportunity to leave NEGATIVES

Here is a letter I just wrote to the gal who left me a NEGATIVE
Dear Sanda
Obviously I am very distressed about this situation. I did call and speak to someone from eBay and he said that there is always someone who will do this - even to an honest eBayer.
I looked at the feedback that you have left for others and I see that you have left 11 feedback - 2 of them NEGATIVE. I wonder if you really realize the impact that this has on a seller.
Sellers do not have the opportunity to leave negative feedback, so buyers can leave negative with no fear of it happening to them.

I would like you to please consider taking back this NEGATIVE against me. I would ask you to please read the FEEDBACK that I have received over the last 9 years. After reading that I'm sure that you would see that I would never ever try to sell something to someone that was not what I said it was.

This coat was purchased at SAKS FIFTH AVENUE - one of the best department stores in the USA. It is 100% shearling-and unfortunately a photo from another coat got into this listing.

I must tell you that in my 9 years no one has ever returned anything to me without an email before hand. I was very surprised when the coat came back but immediately issued you your REFUND and only asked that you tell me what was wrong so that I could be aware of any problems before relisting the coat. Unfortunately you did not even give me the opportunity to talk to you before leaving a NEGATIVE.

I really enjoy eBay and the people that I have met all over the world. EBay, I think, is a very special community and people, from my experience, have a high regard for one another and treat one another with great respect.

So, I ask you to please retract this NEGATIVE because the coat is 100% shearling and you are besmirching my reputation unfairly.

In the end, if you decide not to - well, certainly that is your prerogative. I will be sorry about that. I will just continue to try to sell high end special items to people who appreciate my efforts and hopefully they will take the 1 Negative and put it in its place.

Just remember, you are using this sword too quickly. You are hurting people who work hard to bring special things to people all over the world.

BEST
Barbara

It's truly amazing to me that someone would do this. She received a really beautiful 100% Shearling coat from SAKS FIFTH AVENUE for such a great price. When my husband photo'ed the coat, he even commented to me how beautiful it was and when it sold - he could not believe the value that someone received. He doesn't comment on too many things, after all, you can imagine how many things he photos each day :)

A week after the coat was sent to CANADA, it came back. No note, no email saying that it was coming back - just returned - frankly, this is very disrespectful and something that no one has ever done - not in the 9 years I have been selling.
I am always happy to take a return. I do not believe you should be asked to keep something that you are not happy with-not for any reason. I once took a handbag back after SIX MONTHS! - OK - that's another story.

Anyway-I gave the person a full refund and just emailed and asked her what might have been wrong. NO RESPONSE - until today when I received this NEGATIVE saying that the coat was NOT SHEARLING!

I'm shocked that someone would do this to another ebayer - just like that. AND there is nothing that I can do about it. NOTHING!

SELLERS have absolutely NO RECOURSE when a buyer does this to them. When I spoke to eBAY he basically told me that unfortunately there are some real nasty nutcases out there - I guess this is one of them. I actually gave her a call - and you know what - she HUNG up on ME!

I love eBay, but really resent this little bit of unfairness.

OK - perhaps I feel a little better getting this off of my chest.
THANKS for listening :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home