ilovemygirls

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We all learn the hard way!

I received this email from one of my ebayers.......there is so much to learn about buying and selling on ebay. She learned her lesson about this the hard way - just like me! But I appreciate her sharing.......

"I have nearly 1000 ebay feedbacks, with only 1 negative. Here's why. I bought what was supposed to be a first edition book in excellent condition, about dogs (yes, I'm a dog person) from this guy in the UK, and paid with paypal immediately, like I always do. The book arrived, and I always like to get my feedback written and entered, so I left him positive
feedback. My mistake.

When I opened the book, I found that not only was the spine broken, but the boards (outside hard cover) were warped. Yikes. So I emailed him a VERY nice email explaining what I found. He said the post office must have done it (not possible). I emailed him several more times, VERY politely asking for some kind of resolution - offered to return it to him, split the cost, etc
etc, and he finally quit responding. So I went to paypal and filed a claim (this book cost me over $100).

After waiting nearly 2 months, paypal comes back and denies my claim because I left positive feedback in the beginning (that will be a lesson to me to look more closely first). Then, the seller has the nerve to leave negative feedback for me because I filed a claim about a damaged item - I was fit to be tied, I can tell you. So now I have that one lonely negative feedback which sticks out like a sore thumb. However, I try to laugh about it...

Anyway, that's my long ebay story about what can happen. Meanwhile, I still love ebay!

Thanks for listening"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home