ilovemygirls

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sorry!

It's been a few days since I've been able to take computer in hand to write something. After getting some news from a friend that has put me in a bit of a funk I just didn't have the energy. I won't go into that - BUT it does get you thinking about taking life ONE DAY AT A TIME (as if we have any choice).

I guess that is what I love about clothing and working in a store that has THE most beautiful clothing. It's all so simple - it makes you forget about the really bad things that we deal with everyday (just by listening to or reading the news). Of course we know it makes you forget for only a little bit....

This is what I tell people when they worry about making their purchases - if you love it - if you can buy it - then you should. I see the pleasure that women get from their purchases. They love the clothing - it makes them happy. I don't think that it will really make you forget or fix the bad things that are going on - but at least it makes you feel good for a little while.

This must sound very materialistic, but you know - none of us know what will happen tomorrow. Will we get hit by another car while driving? Will we discover we are very sick? (OK now you must thinking that I'm just another depressed soul - but really I'm not - I just see and hear what each day is about). So dammit - buy the fabulous sweater - enjoy what each day can bring and take whatever little pleasure it gives you - how easy that is.

The last few days at the store have been very bustling - we really did a lot of business and it was really fun watching people feeling good and enjoying their purchases. Everyone goes back to the other things no matter what - so I hope that their new handbag, or their new sweater or the great new warm comfy coat that they bought will make them happy - if only for a little while.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a wise woman and it is a pleasure to read what you write. Almost as much fun as looking at all the beautiful clothing! Thanks for taking the time and energy to share yourself with all of us!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home