ilovemygirls

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The FEEDBACK system

I received this comment from someone - I'm going to post it here though because otherwise too many of you won't see it - as it has been attached to a much earlier post.

I really understand this. As a buyer and a seller it's hard to know when to leave feedback and what to say. I have been on ebay since the 90's when things were a tad friendlier. People didn't jump to paypal (well, I don't think it was around) at the slightest provocation and we just emailed or called if there was a problem. We actually sent *gasp* cash through the mail!

I have gotten to be a seller that unfortunately, waits to leave feedback. I am not the sort of person that retaliates but I have to prevent buyers from giving me a neg without contacting me. I will always make it right, just give us sellers (with great feedback) a chance.

I had a situation where a woman purchased a vintage bag for 5 dollars, (yes really- 5 dollars) and negged me because the bag wasn't new. I couldn't have possibly known she didn't read the listing and I couldn't have fixed it because she didn't even contact me to let me know she was unhappy.

I hate making the buyer feel as if I am holding their feedback hostage but I also want the opportunity to work it out if there is an issue.

However, as a buyer, I really get understand how it feels to not be able to voice your thoughts. I have dealt with two sellers who really deserved a negative, I mean really deserved it. I purchased a pair of diamond earrings and got plastic studs in the package. I was eventually refunded but buy was it a struggle.

The second one flat out told me "don't look for ebay or paypal to help you, this isn't a tangible item"

Sellers like that are what make me wavier once in a while over ebay's policies.

So I guess, all in all, feedback is necessary but it is flawed, even with the new star system.

I completely understand and agree with everything she has said. The feedback system is good - but definitely FLAWED. I also do not leave feedback anymore until I have received it from the buyer and I see that when I leave feedback for someone who I bought something from - THEN they leave it for me.

That's what has happened to ebay's feedback system - sellers are actually AFRAID to leave feedback before they receive it from the buyer. AND I CAN'T BLAME THEM AT ALL! You never know what kind of crazy complaint someone may have. Luckily I have not had that problem (YET) - I can see how it can happen. Luckily people have always gotten in touch with me first - if they have any problem, or want to return something - and I have always taken something back if someone is unhappy.

I still cringe when I think about the seller who left me a negative - the only one that I have. He tried cheating me and then has the right to leave me negative feedback! What's wrong with this picture? I believe that there should be an opportunity for someone who has been cheated by someone - and then when that someone leaves the HONEST party a negative - that it should be removed. He left me negative because I left him negative. BUT I thought that was what the feedback system was all about - that's when I learned (the hard way) that you can't do that. So this creep will get away with cheating people. It was easy for ebay to see who the "bad guy" was in this situation - I had emails from him telling me to "try to get my money back from PAYPAL" and that he had no intention of sending me the item I won (a great CHANEL bag at a fabulous price). Ahhhh - time to move on - but the feedback system is good - but FAR FROM PERFECT!

Check out my items.............time to think about fall! Ebay items for ilovemygirls3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home