ilovemygirls

Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's been tooooo long!

I know that it has been toooo long - sorry about that - a few things have happened including my just being so tired. I guess once you stop - it's hard to get started again.

But here I am - I've been busy with ebay, busy with work and I guess very busy with life! All good things!

We have been selling fall merchandise now for about four weeks - it's always so amazing (I guess) to talk into a store filled with cashmere/wool/winter coats/boots, etc. when it's over 90 degrees, hot and humid outside. Customers come in as hot as can be - look around at the cashmere and you'd think that it is just possible that they would PASS OUT!

We keep the air-conditioning on nice and high - and that helps quite a bit. They have to readjust to the temperatures and the season! And before you know it - they are quite able to buy themselves a nice winter coat - a warm cashmere sweater or yes, even a pair of fur lined winter boots! Love these women! They do what they have to do.

The clothing, as usual, is beautiful - lush cashmere, dreamy suede and leather - I do love it so much. Yesterday a favorite customer came in - just to look around - not to buy - just to check things out. The thing is though - if you don't buy it when you see it - it's usually gone in the next day or two. The clothing is truly special - we don't buy more than 1 in each side (usually) and so if you don't grab it when it's there - it goes home with someone else.

So she wound up with a fabulous rain jacket (on sale - half price) and a really wonderful pair of YOHJI pants! I felt bad - I felt that she really didn't want to buy anything and I hate to think that anyone thinks I'm pushing - it's the last thing that I want to do.......well, sometimes...........but certainly not with a favorite!

But the one thing that I know - she will love both pieces - the jacket was a great buy - a great color and a very useful piece. The pants, well, I have the same ones and can't wait for cooler weather so that I can wear them. That's right - I love summer - I hate the winter snow and ice - BUT DAMN - I do love the fall and winter clothing so much more than summer clothing. Yuck - linen (very nice) - cotton (OK) - but not to be compared to cashmere, gabardine, fur and leather!

Everyday that the new things comes in is like a holiday - I love the clothing. Even doing the buying - by the time it comes in (having ordered it six months earlier) - you forget and it's all new again.

My closet is bursting at the seams - must get in there to pull things out - get them on ebay and move them on to a home where they will be appreciated. Too many wonderful things.

Ahhhhh - good to be back!
Lots of good things on my ebay site - check it out.....lots of great values!
My items for sale on ebay........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home