ilovemygirls

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Clean out those closets!

Ebay is the best. Think about it - what do you do with all of the things that you don't want anymore? Throw them away? Give them away? (Well, of course that is a nice thing - I still bring plenty to Goodwill). How important is it for us to give coats to those who are in need in the winter? Certainly we have to continue doing that.
When I think of the last time that we moved - all of the things that were just put in bags and thrown away - when I think of some of those things - I wouldn't even tell anyone what! Wrong for too many reasons. The waste of it - I should be ashamed (and I am) and how sad - because for each of the wonderful things there would have been someone who really would have been so happy to buy it and then they could have worn and enjoyed it.
That's what is so great about ebay - moving the things on to someone else who will enjoy it. It's amazing the wonderful things that people give me. I send them all over the world - and the people who get them are so pleased.
Get into your closet - make a few piles. One for Goodwill - one for ebay. It's easy to learn to sell on ebay - they have a tutorial that is easy to follow. Start with small things - you'll see how exciting it is to sell your first item - WOW! That was really great! It was a small KATE SPADE zipped jewelry case. I don't remember how much I got for it - but my first sale - it was FUN! You move up from there - something else that you just don't use - someone else will be so happy to get it and use it. Think about it - when they're done, they can sell it - it can go around and around the world! Better than those chain letters we used to get.
For me - I just want to clean out my life a little bit. I have also been bringing things to consignment. I can't sell everything that I don't want anymore on ebay! In fact, I have to find more consignment shops to take my things to - that's how much I have to move on! I see from my ladies that they also have so much to move on - it helps me to see how much we indulge ourselves and now I do not do it anymore. Not another item for the house - not one! There's no place to put another thing! And clothing - how many sweaters, pants, shoes, bags? Tooooo much!
I guess that is what it is all about - why you always see people with shopping bags - we always want more! I'm really trying though.................no more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home