ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm a hostage!

When ebay removed the ability of sellers to leave Negative or Neutral feedback they left the sellers to all be hostages! It's like "lie down and I'll shoot you"! There is nothing that we can do when a buyer says that the item is NOT as described.
I received an email today from a buyer who is telling me that the "BRAND NEW TOD'S LOAFERS" that she received have a little chip, a little mark, a little this and a little that! And gee - she would have NEVER paid so much money - $75 - if I had mentioned these things. Well, I didn't mention those things because they don't exist! The shoes were BRAND NEW! and perfect! But what do I do? I can't win! They were sent out of the country. If I take them back (which I'm happy to do) I have to eat the postage both ways (this could be as much as $60). Believe me, she doesn't want to return them! They're beautiful and for $75! We all know how expensive these shoes are. So what has to happen - I have to give her money back! I'm over the barrel - no choice!

I understand ebay's situation with the feedback - it is such a great way of working - but not with our society of cheaters, thieves, liars, etc. Nothing as straightforward as the feedback system could work in our society. Instead sellers were blackmailing their buyers by telling them "we will mirror your feedback"! I understand why ebay has done what they did - they want buyers to be honest without the fear of receiving a negative in retaliation. I understand and appreciate that because that was the ONE negative I had received in over eight years! So yes, I understand. But it leaves the sellers in a very bad situation - buyers can do this to us - I have to bend over backwards out of fear of a negative from this person! I don't like it at all!

I guess I have quite a few complaints with ebay's dictatorship system. But this is really the only game in town. Where else could you sell things from your closet to people all over the world? It's such a great concept and overall it really works - it's great!

I did receive an email from my gal at ebay and she is working to help me get this POWER SELLER thing straightened out. I have to send these Gucci things to GUCCI for refurbishing and hopefully that might take care of the situation. BUT just the fact that she is on my side trying to help me - well, that makes me happy. POWER SELLER or not - I'm busy selling and listing all of these wonderful things - that's what is really important!

Just a note: I received this email from the person......If I had to return these they would cost me more than 20$. Even though I don't like asking for things, I think a credit would be a good way to show well being and on the other hand i would not give you bad feedback. This is also the reason I wanted to discuss this before going ahead with feedback. Thank-you

So - that's it - give a credit or I will leave you negative feedback! Luckily EVERYONE is not like this. I have spoken with other sellers and they are all having the same problem. It's unfortunate but it is the way it is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home