ilovemygirls

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Honest Ebay Sellers are Held Hostage

That's right - that's what has happened! I understand that Ebay has been working hard to help the buyer from being cheated by people selling counterfeits - that's a good thing! In the process they have really hurt the honest seller. In so many ways - more than I can even talk about here right now.

But one thing that has happened is that someone buys something on ebay - gets a great deal and then holds the seller up for a "discount" because of some minor little thing - doesn't even have to be a real thing - just that the buyer knows that the seller can't leave him negative feedback. So he tells the seller that all is well but will be better with a $30 refund. Like the gal who held me up because the shoes were 1/2" higher than she thought. Even though my measurements were correct. Funny how she could wear them with a REFUND! It would have cost me money to have them come back to me and I stood the chance that she would leave me negative feedback! She leaves me negative feedback for no reason and there is NOTHING that I can do about it.

How annoyed was I? But what did it matter - she had me over a barrel and she knew it.

In talking with other sellers I am starting to see that this is what buyers are doing - nasty! OK - 99-9/10% of my buyers are fabulous and would never do such a thing. But that tiny percentage can really wreak havoc with a seller's feedback percentage.

SCARY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home