ilovemygirls

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Tearing my hair out!

I love ebay - I really do! There is no place else like it! But they are driving me to drink......ah, that's OK - a nice glass of wine will help.

I must tell you that selling on ebay requires so much time and patience - you can't imagine all the rules, etc. that must be followed. That's OK - they are trying very hard to make it a safe haven - as a seller I like that - as a buyer, I like it even more.
BUT when they attack an honest seller like myself - well, all I can do is tear my hair out - there is nothing else that you can do.

It seems that whoever it is that owns the GUCCI LOGO - they watch all items (well, at least mine) that get listed on ebay and at their discretion - pull off anything that they deem is FAKE! So they pulled off 3 items from my listings. A Gucci Logo telephone case (REAL), a GUCCI tote (REAL) and a pair of GUCCI LOGO shoes (REAL). All of these items are without question AUTHENTIC having been purchased at GUCCI retail stores in New York City. How much more real is that?

The first time it happened I was totally bereft! I have no way to prove that it is real. OK - I guess it can happen and there is just no fighting it - not without a receipt. I didn't give it too much more thought (I should have!). Months later a lovely Blue Canvas GG tote was pulled! I couldn't believe it. It's totally REAL! Purchsed from GUCCI by my daughter's friend - who has a ton of GUCCI! all REAL! It's an old piece and again no way to prove that it is real. You would think that I would have learned my lesson - but you know - I know these things are authentic and went ahead and listed a pair of GUCCI shoes - logo with leather. Please! They did it AGAIN! and again I have no way to prove it.

So - with 100% feedback and selling for 8 years without any problems I have lost my POWER SELLER status! If I was bereft then I am totally beside myself now. I am so unhappy. I am such an honest seller AND I bend over backwards to please my ebayers - totally apparent in my feedback.

I called and spoke with a manager from Gucci in NYC - he couldn't have been nicer and was/is totally aware of the problems that people like myself are having. I won't go into the whole conversation - but he did make a suggestion that I will follow up on. I hope that it will work. He did tell me that they can absolutely NOT give any letters to anyone saying that an item is REAL. I gather from what he said that some problem occurred after they did that for someone and the item turned out to be FAKE! Oh my - he told me that the FAKES are so good that sometimes they can't even tell!

I hate it - I really do - it's such a shame that there are such thieves out there! I know, I know - that is the least of it - that should be the worst thing going on in the world today. Yes, I agree - but within my little ebay world - for me this is a bad thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elysha said...

I can't believe this! Awful! Have you spoken to your ebay contact about reinstating your power seller status. This is so unfair!

5:54 PM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

They reinstated my POWER SELLER status!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home