ilovemygirls

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You've got to keep your sense of humor!

Really, if you don't you will put a gun to your head and shoot yourself! Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration!
I sold a pair of wonderful silver sneakers to a really nice guy in Switzerland. I couldn't find them anywhere when it came time to send them out. That always makes me nuts but the item always turns up. A day later I noticed a package all wrapped and ready to go Express International and said to myself "oh, there they are". Of course I did find it odd that I would have wrapped them up before they were sold AND wrapped them for international delivery - odd, right? If I knew these things in advance I would just buy lottery tickets! So I opened the end of the package and saw that they were the same size (so I thought) and knew those had to be the sneakers. Happily I sent them to Switzerland. Of course when they were received they were not SILVER, but BLACK! and a 1/2 size different! Oh, I hate when things like this happen. So I went downstairs and checked and checked again and of course I found the SILVER ones. I sent them right out to him and he received them quickly.
So now what - he asks if he should send them back to me. Now we're talking $34 each way for the USPS charges. No - I said - and he suggested that I sell them and that he would send them off for me when they were sold. Maybe I suggested it to him - I don't know - but we agreed that would be what we would do.
So they sold and the fellow gave me the address where they should be sent - to ITALY! OK - not so bad - from Switzerland to Italy - another $35 for mailing.
How nice is this fellow from Switzerland? He sends off the package and to date the BLACK sneakers have not been received - he even went back to the Post Office and there is no problem - this is how long it takes (makes me appreciate our USPS even more) and this fellow will get them - probably by the end of this week. BUT what you must understand is that the fellow from ITALY has NOT PAID ME! No, he won't pay me until he gets the sneakers!
Oh, why do I do this?
Why - because luckily I do have a sense of humor and realize this is just ONE BIG JOKE! (on me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home