ilovemygirls

Monday, October 16, 2006

Puleeze!

Really! I love The Today Show - I don't miss Katie (is that OK?) - I'm happy though to see her on the CBS News - a little more serious - less giggly! (Thank GOODNESS!)......I always ramble....but I am enjoying Meredith!

BUT this morning they had someone on who decided that wearing all
that BLACK was/is not a good thing. I just love these makeovers - who made them the fashion police? They take this woman who loves to wear BLACK - throw in some GRAY....to me she looked good - she looked comfortable - and what do they do? They put her in this Gray/Green suit with a belt under her breast and they say "now isn't that better?" - check out the color.....Gray/Green - are we calling that color? Firstly - she looked comfortable in the clothing that she had on before the "makeover" - and she looked GOOD! After they made her over - she looked uncomfortable! Why try to make her look like someone else? If she needs some color throw a pretty scarf around her neck - give her a handbag with color - a necklace (if she will be comfortable with that - I wouldn't be) - but really - changing her whole look - I don't think so.

But then - the next one! Oh boy! Here she was - definitely chunky (OK - I'm chunky tooooo) in her sweats (I agree - sweats gotta go) and they put her in a black chiffon tight dress. Now - you tell me - is someone going to go from wearing comfy sweats to tight chiffon dresses for their everyday lives - right - I don't think so! Why not put her in a nice pair of pants with an elastic waist (I know that they're there - we sell them!) with a beautiful comfortable sweater. The same feel of the sweats without the terrible look! AND THEN - a diet!

I used to have a friend (a hundred years ago) who used to wear "outfits" - yes, pieces that went and came together. That's OK - she always looked GREAT! I never dressed that way - slacks/sweaters, etc. - pieces - not outfits. So I went out and bought myself an "outfit" - and there it sat in my closet - never worn. It wasn't me - it was my friend - so I gave the "outfit" to her. Really - we have to do what is right for us.

Have fun - be comfortable! Be YOU!

Check out my items on ebay - I always have those pants with the elastic waists - they're expensive in the store - starting at $500 - fine them on my site for a lot less along with those fabulous ESKANDAR sweaters that start at $650 at the store and are a lot less here!

AND - if you'd like to comment on PULEEZE! Click here!

Have fun - be comfy!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved this post, mom!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home