ilovemygirls

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thanks for sharing your experience!

The following is a comment from an ebayer responding to What's Wrong With the Feedback System on Ebay?

I, too am in agreement with you. I bought a few vintage Vogue magazines from a seller. He described them as being in "ok used condition" and said they "seemed complete." Well each magazine was missing at least 30 pages. He was pretty hostile when I complained about it and answered me in monosyllabic illiterate sentences. "OK, lady, so what about it?" kind of thing.

He was not going to do anything for me. I noticed that despite the fact that I had paid instantly, he had not given me feedback. After all, I had held up my end of the bargain. In fact, I noticed that he was in the habit of giving negative retaliatory feedback to anyone who dared give him a neutral or negative.

My solution: I checked the positive feedback box, but wrote something very negative in Spanish. Enough people speak Spanish that at least they will get a chuckle out of it. "Received magazines. Están faltando muchas páginas y huelen mal! Muy gracias!" Translation: They were missing many pages and smelled bad! He immediately gave me positive feedback. It turned a bad experience into something I can now laugh about.

So YES, this is what is wrong with the FEEDBACK SYSTEM on EBAY. I'm glad that this gal had the opportunity in her little way to get the last chuckle - but this is just not fair. It would be great if EBAY were willing to review unfair NEGATIVE Feedbacks - perhaps that way they could stop people from BLACKMAILING their buyers.

If you'd like to leave a comment - Click on this link....

Check out the items I have for auction on ebay.....click on this link....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home