ilovemygirls

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Why do people do this?

Ebay is such a fun place. So many great values and so many nice people. Why do I feel personally hurt when someone doesn't do the right thing?

A fabulous Issey Miyake suit sold for $180 (a definite $1200 value to be sure) and this person has not gotten in touch with me at all! She (I'm assuming it is a SHE) has only 11 feedbacks - but they are all from sellers and they are all good!

So rarely does this happen. With over 1000 items sold I can count on one hand (and not even using up all of those fingers) how many times this has happened. People always let you know one way or the other when they will pay. Sometimes they are watching another item that is up for auction on my site - sometimes they want me to wait for payday - never a problem - I always wait. BUT why would someone NOT bother to get in touch at all?

So I sent this email out this morning - DO YOU THINK THAT I WILL GET A RESPONSE?

I am very confused by the fact that you have in no way bothered to get in touch with me regarding payment of this amazing value that you won on ebay. This very expensive and beautiful outfit cost over $1200 and you managed to win it for a mere $180.00 - a great value to be sure.

I have been selling on ebay for three years now and have been most fortunate to have had this happen only a few times. Did you know that ebay was founded based on the idea of honesty and integrity? Yes, that is indeed how it started and it disturbs me greatly when someone does not uphold their end of a bargain. I have had items sell for much less than they should have gone for - BUT I have always sent them out with a smile because that is also what ebay is all about. I myself have gotten many great deals and enjoy seeing it go both ways.

The fact that you have not made any effort to get in touch with me regarding payment is very surprising. You do have very little feedback - but what you have is all good. Unlike other sellers who threaten their buyers - I do not and never have. I expect the same from them as I give myself. I pay for any item that I win immediately and although not everyone pays me immediately - they ALWAYS let me know what their intentions are.

Perhaps there is something going on in your life right now that prevents you from getting in touch with me - that has happened once or twice - I respect that and hope that everything is OK -

One way or another I would really appreciate hearing from you..

If you've changed your mind - let me know. But please remember - ebay is a great and fun place - you should treat it accordingly.

I certainly hope that I will hear from you soon.

Thanks
Barbara
ilovemygirls3

Would you like to make a comment on this? Make it here......

Please check out my items on ebay....right here!......



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home