ilovemygirls

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

Wow - I really made people angry by not wanting to look for the date code - In the end I found it thanks to a very nice, friendly (not everyone was so friendly) ebayer who told me where to look. I don't think I would have found it without her help - so thank you again!

Here are the questions and/or comments from everyone and my responses to them....... if you can - read them all. It is so interesting how people react so differently from one another.....I have never had as big a response to anything that I have ever listed.

Q: Datecode please?
A: Please, the wallet is authentic - I am a very honest ebayer. I don't know where the datecode is - I'm not going to look for it either. I apologize for this. I know that you must be very careful when shopping on ebay (believe me - I KNOW) but this wallet is totally 100% real! Look at the photos - you can see yourself that it is. Yes, you must be smart buying on ebay - but you can see from my feedback that I am indeed one of the very honest ebayers. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Note: Perhaps I wasn’t very nice – oops!

Q: Hello there, what a great looking wallet. Do you by chance know the name or model number of it? I've never seen this style before. Also, would it be possible to get a pic of the date code and a close-up of the LV imprint on front. Sorry for asking, but I recently have been burned on eBay, so I'm overly cautious now. Hope you understand. Kindest regards.
A: Yes, it is a great looking wallet. I can take a photo of the LV on front - I am not wasting my time trying to find the date code. This wallet is authentic - I don't blame ANYONE for being cautious - but read my feedback. I'm an honest ebayer - everyone who buys from me is happy! No one has been burned who has bought from me. Read my blog - http://www.mygirls4.blogspot.com you'll see that I don't sell fake goods. It's really a bit insulting to have people (you're not the first) looking for the date code. I have been told directly by Vuitton (I used to be somewhat friendly with one of the salespeople) that these codes are for their use only and that they don't really mean a thing to others. I will send a photo though of the LV if it is not good enough in my other photos already posted. I will take a look.
Note: Hopefully I’m a little nicer now

Q: Hi, i love the wallet you are selling. I was just wondering why you've priced it so low, not that I really mind. I understand it is excellent condition, but how used is it? thanks.
A: Hi - it is a great wallet - no reason - I try to offer great deals! There is a minor mark on the front - of course you have to realize that sometimes when you price something low you get more people interested in the item.....then the price goes up. In any event - it is a beautiful wallet - quite beautiful - if you choose to bid - GOOD LUCK! Other than the mark - it doesn't look used at all. The wallet is really in very excellent condition. Please check my feedback - I sell wonderful things and people get great value.

Q: Hi. please understand that the date code does mean something to LV afficianados. We know what it means and where it should be, so by asking you where it is and what it reads, and preferably posting a picture of it, we know whether or not it is real. If you understand our trepidation, why can't you indulge our requests? it is a rather simple matter to prove your item is authentic as you claim.
A: Please read my two blogs (the last two) written about this. http://www.mygirls4.blogspot.com This wallet is real - I am not going to start pulling at the wallet to find the date code AND take a photo of it. I'm sure it's there - it's a fabulous and REAL wallet. I did give the gal who asked the photo of the LV on the front as this is an easy photo to take. Look at my photos - if you know Vuitton (and I'm sure that you do) you will know that the wallet is real. Please read those last two blogs - perhaps you'll enjoy them and want to go back to the archives to read some of the older ones. I LOVE EBAY and I LOVE MY EBAYERS. I'm a serious and HONEST ebayer. Enjoy the holidays - have fun everyday......bye B.....
Note: Just for the record – that datecode really does not prove that the wallet is authentic (as I have learned today from other ebayers – it seems that the fakes have datecodes too)

Q: Unfortunately you have answered my question. You will not waste your time looking for the date code. I must say I will not waste my time bidding on your auction, because you will not take the time to find the date code. You are incorrect when you say that it means nothing to anyone other than the LV sa. It tells us a lot. I read your blog, and your I'm honest unfortunately in this day & age words are not good enough, people need the 'facts', need to see the truth. Maybe you can find a minute or two to look for the date code. I know you are going to lose a lot of bidders if you cannot produce it. There is already talk about it on a message board. So news is going to be traveling. Happy Holidays.
A: Ahhh-now don't get yourself all up in an uproar. First, check my feedback-I'm an honest and happy ebayers. My buyers do like me and I love them. Second - please read my last two blogs (soon to be 3 last blogs) about this AND I'm taking the wallet to work with me today to take a look and find the date code - since it is more important to people than I would have thought. We do learn something each day. What I like most about this is that I've gotten people in a bit of an uproar and that is good! It's fun and perhaps it's changed my mind about certain things. I appreciate that - I appreciate you and all of the other ebayers who feel this strongly. GOOD! So check my blog http://www.mygirls4.blogspot.com and by this evening I will have all of the irate emails up - hopefully will have found the date code and most of all - hope that you will still be my friend! HAPPY HOLIDAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR – B
Note: oh boy! They’re telling on me!

Q: Hi, you may have realized that without the date code that authenticity cannot be certain. If you look under the bill hold area near the seam you should find the date code. Would you mind providing it? The date code matters to anyone purchasing an LV item, not just store clerks. Thanks.
A: OK OK - you all win - here is the photo of the date code.....please read my blog....http://www.mygirls4.blogspot.com - your email will probably be there too. I appreciate all of the ebayers out there who want this number.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS – B
Note: again – this just does not prove that the wallet is real - but it is....and it is pretty wonderful

Q: I saw that you have a few questions about date codes. Whoever told you they are only useful to LV employees is incorrect. Potential buyers want to know how old the wallet is. If you look behind the credit card slots, probably on the right side, it should be stamped there. It's in that spot on my LV PTI wallet. It should be easy to see on that fabric. good luck with your auction.
A: and thank you most of all - because I wasn't going to pull apart the wallet to find it - but it was just where you said. OK OK - you all win - here is the photo of the date code.....please read my blog....http://www.mygirls4.blogspot.com - your email will probably be there too. I appreciate all of the ebayers out there who want this number.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS - B

Q: Where was the wallet purchased? Thanks so much!
A: First she (the owner of the wallet) said this: the lv store in tyson's corner virginia and then I got another email from her: or maybe...neiman's chevy chase. i know i bought the bag at the boutique...I'm glad that she got right back to me. BYE -B

Q: any tears or very obvious signs of use - is this your item - i ask because owners generally take better care of their stuff
A: The wallet is perfect except for the mark that I show in the photos. It was not mine - but my women taken very good of their things. I know all(most) of these women personally and they take very good care of their things. She bought the wallet at a LV boutique.

Q: Are you goofy? Why are you sending everybody to your blog? Its stupid. And its against ebay policy to have it linked to your auctions. How many times do you have to say your honest? People don't buy that line, just because you say its so. My question about the wallet is, do you offer a money back guarantee if its found to be fake? Also, you might want to decide which is the truth..did you purchase it or was it given to you to sell by the lady who had you sell a purse? How can you guarantee authenticity if you did not purchase it?
A: I'm certainly not goofy - I haven't built an excellent reputation by not being honest AND I never said that I purchased the wallet. Also - if you read my auctions you will see that ANYTHING anyone buys from me is returnable FOR ANY REASON. Ebay is fun and people find great items at great prices - I try to be friendly to everyone. The wallet is not fake - period. I send people to my blog because they have really been enjoying it as I have enjoyed writing it. And one of the things that is important is that people do believe I'm honest because they buy from me and come back again and again and again and again. So - put a smile on your face and be happy! :-) It's a great wallet - you're safe buying from me and if you want it - GOOD LUCK BIDDING! Barbara
Note: NO COMMENT!

Q: Hi, reading all the the questions regarding this wallet from potential buyers I can tell your a good sport about this auction. I think your ebay reputation is a better indicator for the authenticity of this wallet rather than that stupid date code. Any LV collector knows that even fake ones (good replica) all have date codes on them and that it doesn't mean anything. There are so many great mirror image replicas out there that even LV employees are having a hard time distinguishing between the two. I think if they can't trust your feedback they should just move on from this auction and buy from another seller and stop harassing you for that date code. I for one really enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck with the auction. ;o)
A: Oh thank you thank you thank you - you seem to be the only one out there who understands me. You're a doll! Happy HOLIDAYS! Barbara - you don't think I'm goofy!!!!!
Note: (I sound a little like Sally Fields - that's if you're old enough to remember THAT)

Q: nice to see you have corrected yourself. although that is nice, remember you are in the business of selling, being nice helps a lot.
A: Well, I do learn something new everyday - and although I am very stubborn (I don't want to be) I realized (with the help of many ebayers) that it was time to give in because many people REALLY wanted that number - it was important though that that one person told me where to look). Generally I am very nice - I really enjoy what I'm doing here on ebay. Maybe I was feeling grouchy! Gotta watch that! Have a good evening and enjoy your holidays!

I must say - this whole thing has been a little exhausting - and I don't think it is over yet......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home