ilovemygirls

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Should I be so annoyed?

Probably not! Perhaps I'm just tired..... but first I received this question regarding a Louis Vuitton wallet that I have listed. It's a great Yellow Epi with wonderful purple lining. It came from the gal who sent me the matching handbag that I sold some time ago. It was a great bag - I guess she should have sent me both things at once - but OK.....

This was the first question: "datecode?" Yes, that was the entire question - but that's OK - I understand it.....this person wants to know what the datecode in the wallet is. I assume this person thinks this will tell her if the wallet is real or not. About a year ago I asked a salesperson at Vuitton about these datecodes and was told that they mean nothing - they only have meaning to Vuitton - also, they are not in all of their merchandise and this is NOT the way to determine if the item is authentic or not. One thing I do know though - that is this - this wallet is authentic - there is no question about it. I know the person who bought it and sent it on to me - she would not buy a fake - also - in this case you know that it is real - there is just no question. I guess I will add some photos....you'll see for yourself. But I wasn't very nice about her request for the datecode. I am wrong to be this way. Anyone who shops on ebay must be very cautious. I have talked about this before.

Then I received the next question regarding this item - immediately after the first one....
"Hello there, what a great looking wallet. Do you by chance know the name or model number of it? I've never seen this style before. Also, would it be possible to get a pic of the date code and a close-up of the LV imprint on front? My email is (email address removed). Sorry for asking, but I recently have been burned on eBay, so I'm overly cautious now. Hope you understand. Kindest regards"




Then I got really annoyed. Poor thing - it really wasn't her fault - but it's what I have been telling you all along. YOU MUST BE VERY CAREFUL when shopping on ebay. But I don't think that this is what these people should be doing. Annoying the seller with silly questions. I did send her a photo of the LV on the front (a close up - to me that was a fair request).


The way to get a feeling about the item you are looking to buy.....


Look at the photos very carefully - hopefully if you are going to be buying Vuitton on ebay you have a pretty good idea of what a Vuitton should look like. Ask for more photos if you feel that there are not enough or that there are different things you would like to see.

Check the seller out - see what kind of items the seller is selling.

Check the seller's feedback carefully - if you check my feedback you will see that people are really happy with what they buy from me. To me this is very important when I am buying something. That the buyer is totally satisfied with the seller and the item.

Check the seller's return policy - I don't understand "ALL SALES FINAL" - why does a seller think that a person should buy a very expensive item (practically blind) and not be able to return it if they are unhappy. I offer to take anything back. I will not return shipping costs unless the item is not as described. BUT why would I think that you should just buy it and keep it even if you are unhappy with it.

Luckily I have had very few things returned - very few! Probably can count them on one hand. Frankly I don't mind - if you've spent $500 on a sweater and it doesn't fit - why should you have to keep it. If the color didn't show up good enough in the photo - you should be able to return it. I try to describe things as well as I can to avoid this - but I realize that it can happen.

Check out the items that this seller has been selling. Sometimes you can see that the person is just selling things from her own closet. A Vuitton bag, A Bottega, A Chanel, etc. etc. - she has lots of wonderful things in her closet and is doing a clean out. To me - this is the best person you can buy from. She is happy to sell them and move them on and she has great things and very often is selling them for great prices.

BUT if you see that this seller is selling tons of Vuitton, or any other high end handbag - beware - check to see where they are shipping the bags from - Hong Kong, China, etc. - chances are they are FAKES! (Good chance)-

You really have to be a bit of a detective - you have to really look at the little hints that would give it away.

So, I'm sorry that I was so short with my two questioners - I shouldn't have been - but I do my work, they have to do theirs! I did send the photo as she requested and tried to explain that the datecode is not what they should be looking for.

Guess I can't always be SO NICE! Ahhhh - maybe I need a good nights sleep!

Check out my items that I am selling - perhaps you're interested in this great wallet. THANKS! I'll try to be more patient!

My ebay items



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home