ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lampo vs RiRi


Have you ever heard of LAMPO? RIRI?

Ebay is an everyday learning experience.

I received an email from someone asking about the Marc Jacobs Sophia that I have listed -
"It looks like a LAMPO zipper. Newer Marc Jacobs bags (2005) are made with LAMPO zippers, but so are some fake ones. Your bag does look authentic in the pictures, but since my current bag (a brown one) is made with riri zippers, I prefer riri zippers better. You could check out this eBay guide - for more details"

It's really interesting.....I think.....that people even know these things.....I love handbags but never knew about things like this. It makes sense to me though - I had a Marc Jacobs bag - the pull came right off the zipper - my daughter had one too and the same thing happened to hers! Both bags were returned. So obviously he changed the zippers after 2005. So I guess people are pretty savvy to know that they want a Marc Jacobs bag with a RIRI zipper.

I really do feel that ebayers are pretty savvy shoppers. I see that the things that they buy from me are really good values - they know the value of things and I see people who also buy very expensive things from me. Expensive as they might be - they are good value! I sold a pair of Brown Manolo Alligator shoes many months ago for $1100 - they were $2000 shoes! Now, that might sound crazy - but who are we to say. The fact is the gal who bought them got a great value. They had been worn once - they were in perfect condition - gorgeous and definitely a great deal!

I love the ebayer who sent me this email.....
"Love clothes. Love shoes. I buy shoes for (name removed) all the time . You won't believe it but I turned her on to Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo. I think that she has around 400 pair of these, really. She actually has over 1,300 pair of shoes and she has a closet that holds most of them."

He was really the best - truly some of the people that I meet are so nice. Ebay is really such fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clownshoes said...

Nice read!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home