ilovemygirls

Friday, August 17, 2007

I Hate the WINTER

I really hate the winter - I hate it because I do not like driving in the snow and on the ice! I'm petrified! Thank goodness the store is closed February and March - those awful cold and dreary months!

BUT I LOVE winter clothing! How can I ever move to a warm climate? Linen/cotton/lightweight clothing all of the time? No cashmere - no gabardine - it just can't be! No winter handbags - no fabulous boots! No, I'd rather have to hide on those really awful days than to wear summer weight clothing all year round.

It just doesn't hold up! Not to be able to wear a warm cashmere sweater under a really fabulous winter coat - the thought of it makes me cringe! Giving up all of my fabulous warm sweaters - impossible!

Happiness is when the nights start getting cooler in September - if you're lucky - you'll get a cool night in August too. Out come the lighter weight cashmeres - having been put away to hide from the moths in the summer - we can start bringing them out again. Ahhhh - my closet is filling with brand new winter clothing. Gorgeous pants and jackets from YOHJI, two ply cashmeres from Eskandar, interesting pants and skirts from Annette Goetz. Can't wait for the boots to come from TRIPPEN and we're still waiting for our shipment from RUNDHOLZ.

It's all too exciting! Sales on ebay are going up again - people are looking for new things - tired of summer clothing - ready for FALL!

So - the good thing about winter is the clothing.
In another three weeks we start buying for next spring. The time just goes by so fast.

The seasons seem to come and go so quickly! May as well have fun dressing!

Check out my things for sale on my site ilovemygirls3


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Fall clothing is the only thing that makes the end of summer bearable...

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home