ilovemygirls

Friday, August 17, 2007

Why do I do this?

I started selling on ebay just about four years ago. I would go into my closet and see all of the shoes/bags/clothing and just didn't know what to do with it all. After all, here I am working in this fabulous store and bringing home new things each season - there had to be a weeding out. My younger daughter had her first job after college at Kate Spade and between us we had as much stock as KATE SPADE! All of these beautiful things that just weren't going to be used anymore! What do you do with them?

So I decided to start selling on ebay. The very first item that I put up was a wonderful little jewelry case that I bought at one of the Kate Spade Sample Sales! I watched that sale from beginning to end with such excitement! It was really fun! Since then I have sold so many wonderful things to people all over the world.

Tonight I received this email........

Thank you very much for your helpful opinion. I am most grateful to you for it. Yes, I was delighted to see you have found time to continue your blog although I am not quite sure just how you manage to fit so much into your busy life. It is always a joy to read - informative, often with a great sense of humor and somehow filled with wisdom and common sense! I will keep watching for the wonderful things you list. You often mention that people give you terrific items to sell and you are right! From a buyer's point of view, you are a wonderful person to purchase from - everything one could hope for in an ebay transaction. I could give you a long list of superlatives but I will simply say "keep up the wonderful work you do Barbara"!

Now isn't that just the best?

That is really what makes it all worthwhile. I guess some people don't really care about clothing. I look around at some people and wonder if they bothered to look in the mirror that morning. Perhaps that makes me sound so shallow - is clothing all THAT important? To some of us YES - to some of NO - but no matter what - it doesn't excuse, in my opinion, people leaving the house in the morning looking like they just tumbled out of bed!

Lots of good things going up this week. I must get as much scheduled as possible on Sunday and Tuesday - the only days I will have this week for listing. It is so hard sometimes to find the time. The clothing is piling up - I hope that I can get lots scheduled.

Check out my site ilovemygirls3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home