ilovemygirls

Monday, December 29, 2008

This is a new one!

I've encountered a few thieves on ebay - only one at my selling end! Any other thieves have been (unfortunately) people I've bought things from. Those things turned out to be OK in the end. The gal who sent me the fake BOTTEGA did give me back my money and the fellow who sold me the Hermes watch did come through in the end (I'll never know if the watch is real - but I do love it). The fellow who insisted that I give him back $200 (he paid $700) for the MANOLO boots - he just couldn't bear to take them away from his wife - well, I guess he wasn't a thief! just a major creep! But now I have a new one........
This is the email that I have sent to my representative at ebay:

Once again I am faced with a little problem.
I received the following email

Dear ilovemygirls3,

I have an urgent problem, i don't understand i ordered "FENDI POCHETTE BRAND NEW-SIGNATURE FF w/Brown Leather' from you. Why u sent "Coach Wallet" to me?? Please reply me immediately!!

Reference item #120350846609

I requested a photo of what she is claiming she received. I personally packaged that Fendi handbag and didn't have any COACH wallets at all.
This is a new one. I have met only 1 person who has tried to cheat me in a way similar to this. Of course she can send a photo of anything - and I am once again concerned. I also asked her to package it up and send it back to me.
Personally, I am happy to refund her the $113. that she paid for it - once again, in an attempt to save my reputation - but tell me, have you seen anything like this before? It's a first for me.
I have to hear back from her - and am curious as to what she will do.

I'm asking for your advice.
She has only 1 feedback so there is no way of knowing what kind of ebayer she is.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best
Barbara


This is where, being unable in the end to leave FEEDBACK for a buyer seems very unfair.
Look, I don't know - perhaps it's possible that I sent her the wrong thing - but as I said - I wrapped and packaged the handbag AND I didn't have any Coach wallets at my disposal.
It's a very strange situation.

So here I am - faced with a real dilema - I didn't even have any COACH wallets and remember very well putting that lovely little FENDI in the package and sending it to THAILAND.

Is all of this worth it? I really do enjoy selling on ebay - but when things like this happen - it makes me sick. Glad this is not next week - glad I'm not having to start the New Year off with something like this.

I think that I take this all too seriously - I don't think that things like this should actually make me feel sick - but they do.

Let's see what happens!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elysha said...

I don't think it's a matter of taking it too seriously. This is your business and you expect that your business relationships and transactions will be above board. I think you have to wait and see how she'll respond. See if she sends you a photo. Then, you may have to take a loss. All stores build in theft when calculating their costs and budgets and you may just need to do the same. Fortunately, it does not happen often and it's not a huge amount. Don't make yourself sick over it. I DO think that your point about being able to leave customer feedback is very valid. I'm surprised that's not already in place...good luck.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home