ilovemygirls

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Something that I LOVE!


AUDIBLE.COM
I just love it! It costs me $14.95 (I think) a month. For that amount of money each month I receive one credit for one book. I do not have the time to read - and I miss it terribly. When I was young I could stay up all night reading a book - but those days are long gone! If I try reading a book in bed - out like a light! in less than one minute - the best sleeping pill around! I'm usually so tired by the time I hit the pillow that those days of reading in bed would be impossible. So what do I do? I can't sit around at home reading a book during the day - too much guilt - I have too much to do. The listings on eBay are never finished and there is always an item that must be wrapped and packed. EBAY never ends - it's like the laundry, you never get to say "I'm finished".....it's never finished.
One day I found AUDIBLE.COM online - I'm sure that there are others but this is the one that I signed on with and I love it.
I have listened to so many more books than I would have ever read - and all kinds - History/Biography/Mystery/Thrillers - it's laid out very well - they give you feedback from other readers - it's great.
The books are easily downloaded to my iPod - I listen at home on a JBL player and in the car on one of those devices that goes into your car lighter (but I think that I am going to have a new radio installed - one that you can play your iPod on directly). That's how much I enjoy listening to my books. Of course I do go beyond the 1 a month and wind up buying a few others
. That's OK - I love it so much - I'm actually addicted to these stories - can't get enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home