ilovemygirls

Sunday, January 18, 2009

This made me laugh....

GUARANTEED DELIVERY IN 5 BIZ DAYS IF YOU BUY IT NOW !!

The minute anything is paid for I print out the label, wrap up the package and run it over to the post office. Yes - the post office is around the bend. Yes, around the bend - when you live in the woods it's not "down the street" or "around the block" - it's "around the bend". It's such a nice little post office - a real country post office. It was actually upsetting when they removed the original mail boxes - they were so beautiful - so old. The fact that many of them didn't work though is probably what encouraged them to change them. You know the people who work there - they are so good to me. They let me drop off my packages even when they are still closed. I knock on the door and hand them my pile of boxes that are all ready to go - and they take them with a "good morning" and a smile. I'm lucky.
When I'm in the city there is a post office just about a door away from the apartment. Yes, I recognize the people - they seem to be the same people who are there all of the time - but they don't want to recognize you, they don't want to say "hello" - they don't want to give you the FREE Priority Boxes - they are just plain NASTY! I always walk away shaking my head. What is that about?

Ahhh - getting back to my original thought!
GUARANTEED DELIVERY IN 5 BIZ DAYS IF YOU BUY IT NOW !!

Delivery should be guaranteed to go right out the moment an item is paid for - either way - regular purchase or BUY IT NOW! I never understand when I buy something and it doesn't come for a week or two. What are these people doing? I go crazy when I'm in New York on business (this happens twice a year) and I can't get my packages right out. Last year I even tried having my husband getting the items out while I was away - that turned out to be a little bit of a catastrophe (although he was really terrific). I do tell people though - in advance - so that they will know that instead of going out immediately, it might take a few extra days. People are always understanding. At this point so many of these people know me, that they actually know where I am and what I'm doing - isn't that great?


UPDATE on SOMETHING MISSING!
Chosen as Book of the Month's Club Alternate Selection!
Purchased by Russian, Korean, German and Japanese publishers!
So come on, be one of the first - go to Amazon order your copy now!
Oh yes, also purchased by Recorded books!
I'm so proud of my son-in-law!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elysha said...

Mom, You're the best! Doubleday should send you a commission!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home