ilovemygirls

Sunday, February 01, 2009

To tell you the truth

I think that eBay is the first place to look for anything. Oh please - please don't tell my daughter - but I think that I may have found the top to wear to her wedding. A silver top - Giorgio Armani - brand new - $2000 (1/4 the price on eBay). Now it might be fabulous and it might not be - but if it's not everything I want it to be it will go right back to the seller. The seller had a NO RETURN policy - but I emailed her and explained that as a seller - you can't expect people to spend $400 on something and keep it if it doesn't work. I learned this early on in my selling - it's nice to say NO RETURNS - but really - it can't work that way and I changed my policy. As I explained to this gal - with over 5000 sales - very few people have returned things. When they do - it's OK - as long as it comes right back and in the same condition. I have had no problems whatsoever. She was very open to my suggestion and actually changed her return policy. She said that she was concerned that everyone would return things - when I explained that I really have had no problems she was pleased and appreciative of the advice. She is in Hawaii and I am in Massachusetts - isn't that great? Communication between two total strangers - two people happy to help one another.

I have bought some really amazing things on eBay. I think that it is the biggest marketplace that can be found anywhere - the idea of people letting go of things from their closets so that it can wind up in my closet - or your closet - is great!

I have been listing things from the store that I work at. We close for two months and have a big BLOW OUT sale - 75-90% off! We just want to clear everything out so that when we open at the very end of March everything will be BRAND NEW and wonderful. That doesn't mean though that the things that are left aren't wonderful. I am listing them on eBay for a fraction of the original price. What can be better than that? It's a great store - we carry things from designers that can't be found anywhere else in the country - she has been in business just about 30 years and people come to Lenox sometimes just to come to the store. SO - to find these things at such great prices on eBay - isn't that great?

I've had very very few bad experiences at the buying end and even my bad experiences turned into just that "experiences" that got worked out.

I know from the wonderful things that I sell that people are getting amazing value and finding things that they couldn't find anywhere else.

EBay is trying to change - more of an AMAZON buying experience - that's OK - as long as they keep the original idea of people selling in the way that I'm selling. I really hope that doesn't change.

Welcome to my world - please visit my site ilovemygirls3
If you want to peek at the top that I bought - Armani silk top
Let me know what you think of it........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home