ilovemygirls

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hard to believe

Last year I sold a gorgeous Orange Kelly - Hermes - to a gal who has a second hand store in New York City. I don't remember the price she bought it for - but you know it was quite pricy. The problem with the bag was that the long shoulder strap was missing. I went to Hermes and ordered the strap. Didn't know how much it would cost - but ordered it as I promised this gal that I would get the strap.
Two months later - no strap
Four months later - no strap
Six months later - no strap
Eight months later - I send her a check for $400
Ten months later - yup - Hermes calls and they have the strap!
Can you believe it? Ten months!
Well, that's it for me - I paid her the $400 and she will have to decide whether or not she wants to go to Hermes and take the strap - seems to me that she should. Her investment will be another $110 and if she doesn't feel that she can sell the bag without the strap - then she would be wise to get it.
Her call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home