ilovemygirls

Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's a rough world out there - that's for sure.
I mean when I get an email asking if a pair of HELMUT LANG sneakers are authentic - do they even make copies of these things? Are they making copies of everything? I can't stand it!

Look, I can appreciate people's concerns - I don't blame them at all - I've been caught more than once. Remember that fake BOTTEGA that I bought - luckily I got my money back - but yes, I thought from the photos that it looked real - but as soon as I had it in my hands - there was no question - FAKE FAKE FAKE! and the watch - the HERMES CAPE COD (although to this day I can't be sure) - I guess I should take it to Hermes - it sure looks real to me and I love it! But that guy - well he was removed from eBay before I received my purchase and I had to run him down in Canada before he sent it. But he did - I don't believe it is real though - the strap didn't look good (I replaced it with a wrap around strap purchased at Hermes and I love the watch - real or not - it works and looks great!

So I know that no matter how careful I/we am/are - we can get caught - but do they make fake HELMUT LANG sneakers?

Last week I sold a Prada Messenger bag - a really nice one - the person who bought it emailed me to tell me that she took it to Neiman Marcus and the salesgirl told her it was fake. She said it was fake because there was no dust bag. Now please - I have plenty of bags that I do not have the original dust bag - that certainly doesn't make it fake AND she said it didn't have some number inside - I've sold an awful lot of PRADA bags and there are no numbers inside. My guess is that she told the salesgirl that she bought it on eBay and the gal wanted it to be fake. She is sending it back and I will bring it to Saks or Prada - but frankly, I really believe that it is real. If I didn't I would never ever have sold it. It came from a gal in San Francisco who received it as a gift from a good friend - it was in the Neiman Marcus box and she said that she just doesn't believe that this friend would ever give her a fake. You know what - I don't believe it either - these women have a lot of money - are they really buying fakes to give to their friends? I do ask my women though to give me things that they have personally bought - just to avoid this type of thing.

Of course it could be a re-gift situtation! We don't know where it may have started! That's kind of funny really. Maybe it went through 4 or 5 women before coming to me. You just never know. I'm pretty fussy though and this particular bag was a really nice one. And I still believe it is real. It's coming back to me - I'll find out for sure - yes, I'll take it to Prada - they should certainly know. Of course, what does it mean if it's such a good copy that even Prada doesn't know. Oh, this copy thing is a mess! People are so dishonest! I really hate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home