ilovemygirls

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My father was right...........

I went to Parsons School of Design in NYC - lived at home and took the subway back and forth to school each day. My dad, an attorney, worked in Manhattan and also took the train into and out of the city each day. He always said that I would come home with a litany of stories of things that occurred on the train - while he never had anything to report.
Yesterday I took the train from 59th Street to Grand Central. Took a seat next to a young man who immediately asked me how I was doing. "Fine" I said and then he kept going............although he was very hard to understand (I do believe he was a bit inebriated - I'm being kind) he managed to tell me that he was just at the shelter where they were serving Thanksgiving dinner. "Nice" I said - while everyone across from us were rolling their eyes! Then he rolled up his pants leg and showed me his "fake leg". On and on he went - asking me if I had a husband, asking me if I had anything to worry about, etc. etc. - We carried on our conversation for the short trip to Grand Central - at that point I said "Good-bye" and wished him a "Good Thanksgiving". And then he said "Thank you Pretty Lady"!
Ahhhh - how nice a present was that for me?
It just made me sad that everyone on the train were rolling their eyes and definitely uncomfortable with the goings on - but I knew that he was harmless and frankly it makes you realize how good you have it! Whatever my problems are - they are nothing compared to his! I do wish him a Happy Thanksgiving - and everyone else too.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elysha said...

This really sums up so much of what I love about you!!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home