ilovemygirls

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm back!

Like a bad penny! I keep turning up again. I really hate that I have so little time for this blog but it's been calling out to me and perhaps I can start again.
So many things have happened since last MAY!
The business has been growing by leaps and bounds - it's so interesting to me that I started my eBay selling about 9 years ago just by selling things from my own closet. Now my house looks like a consignment shop - I'm not thrilled about that - not at all! I guess it's the price I have to pay for the way this has grown - and that I'm happy about.
I have so many fabulous women sending me such fabulous things that each day it's hard to decide which items to list. My "clients" are all anxious to see their things get listed - and believe me, once they get a check - they're hooked! How wonderful to receive a nice big check for things that you don't want anymore. But they're great things and for years they have just given them away - but a big check! I don't care how much money anyone has - when you hand over a check for almost $13,000 - well, how good is that?
Of course I haven't handed over too many $13,000 checks but I have sent people thousands of dollars and that's good for everyone!

Both eBay and my selling have changed so much since I started - but the idea is the same! Getting the things from one closet to another. From the closet that doesn't want them anymore to the closet that can't wait to get them.

Today I delivered a CHANEL bag to a very handsome young man at Grand Central Station. He bought it last night and I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to call him. I already had it wrapped and packed to mail out but something told me that perhaps he needs it "right now". We were coming into the city and he lived in the city and I thought that I would give it a shot. I think that he was very happy - he met us at Grand Central (my dogs were yapping away) and I was able to hand deliver the bag in time for Christmas. I love that! And - it is a beautiful bag. I hope that his wife will love it.

I really love my eBay selling and try to do so many things that can help people out. What I love is that so many of my eBayers tell me that they wish all of the sellers were like me. When I get emails like that - it makes it all the more worthwhile. I love selling! and I love that my eBayers (most of them) are really quite special.

It's amazing too how many people I communicate with that I've met on eBay - people from all over the world. Probably that's why I don't have the time for the blog - I'm busy typing away all of the time.

So now it's just about Christmas - hard to believe another year has gone by. I hope that it's been good for everyone - I know that it's rough out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home