ilovemygirls

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thank you eBayers

Well, I guess it was going to happen eventually. How can you sell for 9 years - 1000s of items and not have one mean unhappy unfair person? Luckily for me, my experiences have been interesting, fun and many of them good learning experiences.

So now I've gotten over the initial pain of the NEGATIVE. That didn't take too long. Of course the 5 mile walk with my dogs today helped. The weather in New York City is beyond perfection today and one cannot be unhappy about anything on a day like this. We walked and walked and it was great. I even walked enough to have a little peanut butter yogurt (60 calories for 3 ounces) after my lunch at Grand Central.

While at Grand Central there was a homeless woman following me - unfortunately there are many homeless people there - lots of food gets thrown out and there is always a good place to sit down. I guess no one bothers them as I actually recognize some of these people as we are there a lot.

I know that we are told not to give money to these people as it just encourages them, but it is so terribly sad-so heartbreaking. So this woman finally comes over to me and asks me for money for food. I took her over to the counter where I buy my salad and told her to pick out a sandwich and a drink. She was very appreciative - but where will her next meal come from? I love NYC - but the homeless really break my heart. Like the woman sitting on Fifth Avenue with a sign that said "Pregnant and Alone - my boyfriend left me 3000 miles from home". Oh boy!

And I'm worrying about a NEGATIVE from a mean spirited woman - no, I am going to put that behind me and move forward.

Of course it also helps when I get something like this from one of my ebayers:
I hope you received my other message about the negative too. You are a sweetheart and I know how much it troubles you. You and I are the same in that. We try so hard to do things right that it's very sad when someone takes advantage or is too mean spirited to do things in the proper manner.
Kind regards,

this was her original message:
I have purchased a few things from you in the past and I was reading your blog last night. I sell too on my other user id so I can always relate to your thoughts on the ebay experience. I even had to take a break for awhile as it was just so frustrating as an honest seller.
Anyway, I know this is basically impossible but please, please don't let the negative from one unreasonable person cause you so much grief. I am a smart, savvy ebayer and as a buyer, I would be able to recognize immediately that your overall feedback speaks volumes and this one ridiculous negative means nothing! Especially when you allow returns anyway. This entire transaction was mute the moment she returned the item and you issued a refund.

To that ebayer - THANK YOU SO MUCH! It means a lot to me. Like I said - my EBAYERS are the best! and there is too much real trouble and sadness in this world. Ebay is here to make us happy and to feel good for a little bit :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home