ilovemygirls

Monday, August 07, 2006

How did this all start?

A lot of people ask me how I started selling on ebay. It was really simple......

I had a closet full of beautiful handbags that I just was not going to use anymore. My girls have plenty of handbags too and it didn't make sense to give them anymore either. What a shame to have these beautiful things just sitting on the shelf. One of the things that I love about ebay is the idea that someone will be able to enjoy something that I have instead of it languishing on the shelf.


I started with little things - a Kate Spade jewelry case - I was so excited - watching people bid! I couldn't believe it! I figured the whole thing out. Of course anyone can - ebay has a tutorial on how to sell on ebay. I didn't use it - but I'm sure it takes you through the entire process. I told my husband that I was going to buy a digital camera - he said "no, wait until they get smaller" (or maybe he said better) - but of course I got it anyway and it was probably one of my best investments ever. I figured out how to use it and then figured out how to get that little jewelry case on ebay. I don't remember how much it went for but the whole thing was really a terrific experience. Probably on a lot of different levels.......

After that I started pulling down the handbags and with each sale I got more and more involved with the whole process. When a black Chanel bag went off to Japan I couldn't have been happier. The gal was very concerned about the authenticity of the bag - so I sent her a picture of myself with Beanie (my Bichon) and asked her if she thought that this lady in the Berkshires who loved her dog so much really was trying to cheat her! That was it - she bought the bag with a BUY IT NOW! How happy was I that this bag was going to a good home? It was a mistake that I ever bought it - it was not my style of handbag (I prefer something that hangs in front of me) and now it was going to a young woman who promised to love it. Then a pair of Chanel shoes, then a Kate Spade handbag, and then something else, etc. etc. I was totally hooked. The thrill of the sale - the thrill of answering your first question - it's all such fun!

Believe me, anyone can do it - and you'd be surprised how much you have in your own home that you don't want anymore, but someone else will. You don't want it and someone else will LOVE it!

Here is the link for HOW TO SELL on EBAY. I really recommend it - it's such fun and truly anyone can do it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/basics.html


Otherwise - why don't you get in touch with me if you have high end items you would like sold on ebay. I sell for sooooo many people. Just email me - vze599yb@verizon.net

The link to my ebay items is:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZilovemygirls3QQhtZ-1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to find something that you're so good at AND that you love to do???

8:58 AM  
Blogger mygirls4 said...

yes honey bun!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home